Lorrainepaaske
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all i am thinking about being brave and do a holiday alone as all my friends are now married and children.

I am a nervous wreck thinking of looking a fool by myself haha.

Do you think i should try this out?

Thank you Lorraine x

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lorraine,

Well lots of us were feeling exactly the same before booking our first holiday, but the nerves were soon gone when we met our travelling companions.

The fact many of us come back tells you the chance of not enjoying the holiday is very slim.

Just go for a holiday you fancy, reckon you'll have a great time.

Mick

Angela Bingham
(Member)
'Lorrainepaaske' wrote:

Hi all i am thinking about being brave and do a holiday alone as all my friends are now married and children.

Thank you Lorraine x

Hi Lorraine

You certainly won't look a fool as there will be others in the same position and feeling equally nervous!

I went on my first JY holiday to Apulia last June, I was very anxious too but I needn't have been as everything was brilliant and we were all very well looked after by our rep.

My advice, take the plunge. Good luck.

Ange

sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Lorrainepaaske' wrote:

Thank you Lorraine x

Hi Lorraine,

I felt you as you are feeling now in February this year. My advice would be, don't think, find a holiday that appeals to you and go ahead and book it. JY really do look after you very well. Read the many posts on the forum and you will see what I mean.

Why on earth should you make a fool of yourself? Everyone else is on the tour because they too are travelling alone, and the groups are so diverse that there is sure to be someone you can talk to - if you want to.

Go on - do it! You obviously think you should or else you wouldn't have asked.

Regards

Sylvia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Lorraine

Find a holiday you like the look of, near or far and book it, I have just come back from my 9th Florida so if there is anything I can help with just ask...great places to see and good people to meet.. Along the way

Cindy

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lorraine

You will not be on your own when travelling with Just You. There will be lots of others in the same boat as you. Just pick a destination you always wanted to visit and book it. I can assure you that you will have no regrets and will want to book another holiday once you are back from your first one.

Happy Travelling.

Regards

Jaya

dianejan
(Member)
Hi Lorraine

You will have a brilliant time. Pick a place you have always wanted to see. The last holiday I was on in June was at Costa de la Luz and there was quite a few there who had never been on a singles holiday, they loved every minute and said would definitely book again. Any questions to help you please ask.

Kind regards

Di

JustMargaret
(Member)
You`ve just taken the first, and most difficult step. Most of us felt nervous at first, but have courage, you definitely won`t regret it. Let us know what you decide.:thumbup:
sim1
  • (Member)
(Member)
You are never a fool with Justyou, only if you fail to book, and trust me you are never alone unless you want to be,

I have had several holidays so far, and all have been excellent, and with a variety of fellow travellers, the youngest at 32 to the oldest at 74. The tour guides are excellent, there if you need them and travelling companions if you don't.

Take the plunge, I am sure you won't be sorry, and you never will know till you booked, taken your holiday, then find the day of your return you are booking another.

Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Lorraine,

I'm also a newbie to traveling on my own, and I've only just booked my first holiday with JY, so I cant give you much advice. But having read lots of the reviews on here I haven't come across anyone who said they didn't have a good time.

I'm a little nervous at the thought of going on holiday with complete strangers, but I'm looking at it that I will be traveling with friends I just haven't met yet!!:D

I'm sure that once I meet my fellow travelers at the airport the fun and adventures will start.

Good Luck

Kerry

Bosuncat
(Member)
janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Lorraine,

I have two trips with Just You in the past 3 years. As a separated woman with grown up children, it meant that I was safe on my own and see all the places that I had on my bucket list. The last trip 2 years ago was to Lake Garda, 2 weeks later I became a widow. Now I have a trip planned for the Heart of Alpine Europe in September on what would have been our 33rd wedding anniversary. I would like to do a lot more trips but I still have to work and trying to find enough holiday to do Route 66 next year.

Jan.

CDM
  • (Member)
(Member)
I agree with all that others have said. I'm going on my third JY trip to USA in September (first was Spain, 2nd was Cuba) and had a great time on the first two so expecting this to be the same. People have been all round friendly and if you are all choosing the same holiday then you are very likely to have things in common beyond the fact you are travelling together. I'm still in touch with a couple of people from each of the previous two trips so you could be just about to meet your new best friend!

Diane (Dee-Ann)

charlieflower
(Member)
Hi all!

Ok so this may seem like a very silly question... but is there an age limit on Justyou trips? I am 25, have been desperate to see places and so far aside fromDevon have only been to see Andre Rieu in Maastricht so far. I find it very difficult to find anywhere that doesn't cost the earth for just myself and it would be a great comfort knowing i am not completely on my own...

Auntie D
(Member)
'charlieflower' wrote:

Hi all!

Ok so this may seem like a very silly question... but is there an age limit on Justyou trips? I am 25, have been desperate to see places and so far aside fromDevon have only been to see Andre Rieu in Maastricht so far. I find it very difficult to find anywhere that doesn't cost the earth for just myself and it would be a great comfort knowing i am not completely on my own...

Hi Charlie!!

I think I'm correct in saying there's no age limit on JY trips ~~ I guess you mean the younger age, rather than the older?

I've been on many trips with JY and each one has had a different age group. Everyone mixes so well, with the older travellers usually taking the younger ones under their wings.

You'll have a great time. You will be well looked after from the time you set foot in the airport on the way out until you return home. The Tour Managers are great, always on hand to help out, if needed.

Just decide where you want to go and book it.

Good luck.

Denise

:thumbup::thumbup:;)

KarenR
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Lorrainepaaske' wrote:

Thank you Lorraine x

Hi Lorraine

I am going on my first trip with JY in September/October. It's just a short trip to Lille and Bruges (baby steps). I am nervous too but I am sure that, as with all firsts, once it's done I will wonder what I was so worried about and be eagerly looking to do another one. Go for it! Karen

Angelina123
(Member)
'Lorrainepaaske' wrote:

Thank you Lorraine x

Hi Lorraine, go for it! I was widowed 7 years ago and have been on 12 JustYou holidays since then and have been all over the world. JustYou look after you and are even there to check in at the airport. You will always pal up with others so you will be able to go around with them. Angelina 123

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Charlieflower,

I have a list of places to see which so far, Just You has helped me to see. 2010 was Petra and the Pyramids at Giza. The fact that I saw Jerash, Madaba, walked in the Dead Sea then across to the Sinai Peninsula with St Catherines Monastery and the burning bush. Suez Canal was magnificent and the sight of the huge container ships sailing through, never to be forgotten. I have now seen Memphis Tennessee and South of Cairo. Cairo was beautiful and walking across Tahrir Square 3 months before the Arab Spring makes me feel sad when I see it on the tv now.

Venice was beautiful, gondola ride and watching Aida at the Arena in Verona are some more off my list.

In September will be my first trip to Switzerland, Austria and Leichenstein. Can't wait. Who knows where next year will be- hopefully Route 66 if I can organise enough holiday :thumbup:

Jan.