davidj
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have booked to go on the Route 66 trip on the 12th June. Is anyone else on this forum booked to go on this holiday?
Tessa3
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi, i am thinking about taking this tour as well, and also on the same date!

is this the first time for you with JU?

Tessa3
  • (Member)
(Member)
'davidj' wrote:

I have booked to go on the Route 66 trip on the 12th June. Is anyone else on this forum booked to go on this holiday?

i m thinking of taking this tour as well & on d same date !

is this your first time with JU?

davidj
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Tessa3' wrote:

'davidj' wrote:

This will be my fifth holiday with JY. I have previously been with them to Cuba, India (Kerala), Vietnam and Australia. I have also been to India (golden triangle) and Tanzania with another singles holiday company. So it will be my seventh singles holiday.

Although I have not been on a singles holiday to America I have been there nine times travelling independently. It should be a nice change this time to not have to do the driving.

I hope you do book this trip. If you want to know anything about JU holidays or America I will do my best to answer you.

David

Tessa3
  • (Member)
(Member)
'davidj' wrote:

'Tessa3' wrote:

'davidj' wrote:

This will be my fifth holiday with JY. I have previously been with them to Cuba, India (Kerala), Vietnam and Australia. I have also been to India (golden triangle) and Tanzania with another singles holiday company. So it will be my seventh singles holiday.

Although I have not been on a singles holiday to America I have been there nine times travelling independently. It should be a nice change this time to not have to do the driving.

I hope you do book this trip. If you want to know anything about JU holidays or America I will do my best to answer you.

David

I have just booked this tour today. This is my first time with JU, but it will be my 12th time to US! Most of the time I go by myself, twice I joined other Campany.

I would love to know more about JU though.

Tessa3
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi David

I have just booked this tour today. It's my first time with JU, so I don't know much about them, and how it works. Looks like they r quite good. It's my first time with Solo travel Campany.

This will be my 12th time in US though. Most of the time I go by myself, so it's kind of new to me.

Would love to know more about JU though, how it works, like what do I do when I get to d airport? Do we all met there before boarding or???

Tessa3
  • (Member)
(Member)
'davidj' wrote:

'Tessa3' wrote:

'davidj' wrote:

David

Hi David

I have just booked this tour today. It's my first time with JU, so I don't know how it works. Like for example, what to do when I get to d airport? Does all d group met before check in, or we just go on and board?

This will be my 12th time to US though, most of d time I go by myself, this is also my first time with a solo Campany

Tessa

Tessa3
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have just booked this tour today, it's my 1t time with JU, but my 12th time in US,

Looking forward to it now,

Tessa3
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi David

I have just booked this tour, my 1st time with JU, but my 12th time to US

Looking forward to it now

davidj
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Tessa3' wrote:

Hi David

I have just booked this tour today. It's my first time with JU, so I don't know much about them, and how it works. Looks like they r quite good. It's my first time with Solo travel Campany.

This will be my 12th time in US though. Most of the time I go by myself, so it's kind of new to me.

Would love to know more about JU though, how it works, like what do I do when I get to d airport? Do we all met there before boarding or???

I’m glad to hear that you have now booked this trip. I am sure that we will have a great time. The main reason that I travel with a company such as Just You is that I enjoy travelling with likeminded people. You are free to keep to yourself if you wish but virtually all the people I have met on these trips have been keen to mix with their fellow travellers. You are all “in the same boat “ and people are generally eager to make new friends

What happens at the airport can vary a little depending on the trip. I have only done long haul holidays and on all the ones I have done the tour manager has travelled out with the group. However this is not always the case. If the tour manager is travelling with us he or she will probably try and make contact with as many people as possible in the departure lounge. There is also usually a JY representative at check in but they may not be there if you check in very early. If you wish to meet up with other people at the airport people sometimes try and arrange it on this forum or just make sure that a JU luggage label is visible and you will probably see other people doing the same. My view is if all else fails just get the flight and you are bound to meet other people at baggage claim.

David

Tessa3
  • (Member)
(Member)
'davidj' wrote:

'Tessa3' wrote:

Hi David

I’m glad to hear that you have now booked this trip. I am sure that we will have a great time. The main reason that I travel with a company such as Just You is that I enjoy travelling with likeminded people. You are free to keep to yourself if you wish but virtually all the people I have met on these trips have been keen to mix with their fellow travellers. You are all “in the same boat “ and people are generally eager to make new friends

What happens at the airport can vary a little depending on the trip. I have only done long haul holidays and on all the ones I have done the tour manager has travelled out with the group. However this is not always the case. If the tour manager is travelling with us he or she will probably try and make contact with as many people as possible in the departure lounge. There is also usually a JY representative at check in but they may not be there if you check in very early. If you wish to meet up with other people at the airport people sometimes try and arrange it on this forum or just make sure that a JU luggage label is visible and you will probably see other people doing the same. My view is if all else fails just get the flight and you are bound to meet other people at baggage claim.

David

hi David

thank you very much for all this info. i will keep a look out for any JU travellers, but if i don't i will go and do the check in and get on the flight by myself( i m used to doing that). just hope at the other end i will met the rest of the group or tour leader !!

one other question please. how many are there usually in a group?

thank again for your help

looking forwards to it now.

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Tessa/David,

I did Route 66 last year and on that trip the tour manager met us in Chicago at the airport but like David says I've also done trips where the manager travels out with us.

On that holiday we didn't have use of an executive lounge (not available from terminal 5) so it was a case of looking for the JY labels at the airport. A few of us did meet the night before (arranged through this forum) for a meal and we found a few more at check in.

There is usually a JY rep at check in (before security) to assist anyone that requires it.

Mick

davidj
(Member) (Topic Starter)

hi David

thank you very much for all this info. i will keep a look out for any JU travellers, but if i don't i will go and do the check in and get on the flight by myself( i m used to doing that). just hope at the other end i will met the rest of the group or tour leader !!

one other question please. how many are there usually in a group?

thank again for your help

looking forwards to it now.

On the JY trips I have been on there have been between 20 and 35 in the group. I like a large group but the only problems is remembering people’s names. Before I booked I was told that 22 people had already booked and that was enough for the trip to run.

If you want to know more details of the number of people and the tour manager you can ring JY or post a question in the “Ask the Editor” section but I would wait a few weeks before doing this.

I have not yet decided how I am getting to Heathrow for this trip. I live in the west midlands and usually drive down and stay in a hotel the night before. However the hotels seem dearer this time, probably because I normally go much earlier and later in the year.

David

davidj
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mick wrote:

Tessa/David,

I did Route 66 last year and on that trip the tour manager met us in Chicago at the airport but like David says I've also done trips where the manager travels out with us.

On that holiday we didn't have use of an executive lounge (not available from terminal 5) so it was a case of looking for the JY labels at the airport. A few of us did meet the night before (arranged through this forum) for a meal and we found a few more at check in.

There is usually a JY rep at check in (before security) to assist anyone that requires it.

Mick

[/

Thanks for the information.

Did you get many opportunities to visit ATMs? I think this trip will quite hectic and I expect some of the hotels to be out of town.

David

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
David,

Can't tell you specifically about ATM's on the trip because had enough with me but cant recall anyone having a issue finding one. Been to the States many times and they are always plenty so cant see you having a problem.

A lot of the hotels (except Chicago) are out of town but often near shopping centres so not a issue.

Mick

Tessa3
  • (Member)
(Member)
'davidj' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

Tessa/David,

Mick

[/

Thanks for the information.

Did you get many opportunities to visit ATMs? I think this trip will quite hectic and I expect some of the hotels to be out of town.

David

David/Mick

Thank to u both for all d info here. I m new to JY, so I have no idea how it work. I will call JU later on and ask if we r to met d leader in Heathrow or in Chicago. Either way will be fine for me. I will fly to London a day before , have already booked a hotel through JU.

As for ATM, I m sure we will be able to use credit cards, no? Everyone takes them in US. But I was wondering if we can also pay for d excursion with them as well, or do we have to pay in cash??

Tessa

Shantal
(Member)
'davidj' wrote:

Hi David, I have booked to go on the route 66 on the 12th of June too.

I have done 2 Europe holidays - Italian cities tour & algarve with JY few yrs ago, but this is my first long haul with JY. Hope we all will enjoy it and have a good time.

Shantal

Shantal
(Member)
'Tessa3' wrote:

hi, i am thinking about taking this tour as well, and also on the same date!

is this the first time for you with JU?

Tessa, I have booked Route 66 with JY in June the 12th. glad to know you and david are coming along too. I have done 2 Europe holidays - Italian city tour and Algarve with JY few years ago. This is my first long haul holiday with JY. Hope we all will have a good time on the tour66.

Shantal

davidj
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Shantal,

It’s good to hear from someone else on this trip. It’s not long now and I am sure we will all have a great time.

I am travelling to Heathrow the day before the flight and will be staying at the Premier Inn terminal 5. I plan to arrive at the airport at around 8.00am. I will be looking out for Just You baggage labels.

David

Shantal
(Member)
'davidj' wrote:

Hello Shantal,

It’s good to hear from someone else on this trip. It’s not long now and I am sure we will all have a great time.

I am travelling to Heathrow the day before the flight and will be staying at the Premier Inn terminal 5. I plan to arrive at the airport at around 8.00am. I will be looking out for Just You baggage labels.

David

Hi David,

Thanks for ur msg. As you said, it's not long now. Look fwd to meeting you at the airport. I am taking the underground to avoid moring rush hour traffic. Hoping to be there around 8 to 8.30am.

Shantal