Jennyjill
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi I am 64 but young at heart! I am a good mixer but would hate to be the oldest.

I would be interested to know what the average age group is on these holidays. I am considering Italy or the West coast of America next year and would also be interested to hear from anyone who has previously been on these trips.

Rosie9
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, My first time with JY I am 69 I have booked to America;s Golden West for April next year. I know of two others also going also 69. If I enjoy this trip I shall book for more, age is only a number.
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello and welcome Jenny

Don't worry you will not be the oldest, your age will be just fine. There are many postings on here about the age question so have a look t them. There are a couple of video links from myself NIXON and a lady called Lovely Lesley so have a look at then and here what we have to say about travelling with JY.... I am sure you will be fine,

Cindy

Jennyjill
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Rosie9' wrote:

Hi, My first time with JY I am 69 I have booked to America;s Golden West for April next year. I know of two others also going also 69. If I enjoy this trip I shall book for more, age is only a number.

Thanks for your reply, I am fancying the same trip as you and the same month as I am hoping the weather will not be too hot!

Jennyjill
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

Hello and welcome Jenny

Don't worry you will not be the oldest, your age will be just fine. There are many postings on here about the age question so have a look t them. There are a couple of video links from myself NIXON and a lady called Lovely Lesley so have a look at then and here what we have to say about travelling with JY.... I am sure you will be fine,

Cindy

Hi, I will try and find the video links, although I am very computer literate I do find this site difficult to negotiate, thanks for your response

tqylady
(Member)
'Jennyjill' wrote:

Hi I am 64 but young at heart! I am a good mixer but would hate to be the oldest.

I would be interested to know what the average age group is on these holidays. I am considering Italy or the West coast of America next year and would also be interested to hear from anyone who has previously been on these trips.

I am also considering the West coast of America trip next year. It's something I've always wanted to do & as I'm almost 60, now is the time, like you though, I hope there will be a good mixture of ages.

chrisio
(Member)
Hi booked West coast America for April, flying from Heathrow, staying Sunday night at Comform Hotel, I am 67 so will not be out of place by the sound of it, not sure if I am doing this reply thing right, can't seem to find my other posts. Looking forward to meeting with you all. Chris
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Jennyjill' wrote:

'nixon' wrote:

Hello and welcome Jenny

Cindy

Hi, I will try and find the video links, although I am very computer literate I do find this site difficult to negotiate, thanks for your response

If you go onto the page that says ask the editor it's the first post on there ...watch our interview with the lovely Lesley ...

What are you having trouble with negotiating anything I can help you with?

Jennyjill
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'chrisio' wrote:

Hi booked West coast America for April, flying from Heathrow, staying Sunday night at Comform Hotel, I am 67 so will not be out of place by the sound of it, not sure if I am doing this reply thing right, can't seem to find my other posts. Looking forward to meeting with you all. Chris

Hi Chris - I find this site difficult to navigate too - but I find my posts by signing in then clicking on my username - that is the only way I know how to do it

Jennyjill
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'tqylady' wrote:

'Jennyjill' wrote:

I am also considering the West coast of America trip next year. It's something I've always wanted to do & as I'm almost 60, now is the time, like you though, I hope there will be a good mixture of ages.

I am torn between Italy and America - haven't made my final decision but my children think I should do the American thing - they are keen for me to go to Vegas!

Rosie9
  • (Member)
(Member)
'chrisio' wrote:

Hi Chris, Looking forward to this holiday,somewhere I have always wanted to go, flying from Manchester to Heathrow. first time with JY, seems a long time before we go, can't wait.

sookie222
(Member)
'chrisio' wrote:

Hi Chris, I'm doing America West Coast next April too and staying at the Comfort Inn, Heathrow on Sunday night. Might bump into you! Sue

LindaJW
(Member)
'chrisio' wrote:

Hi, I have just returned from the West cost of America and it was absolutely fantastic. You will not be disappointed. We had ages ranging from 18-80 and all mixed well. The worst thing about my hol was staying the night beforehand at the COMFORT Hotel near Heathrow. If this is the same hotel and you can afford something better, then would go for it - certainly if you are in one of the single rooms. Another lady on our holiday stayed there too and was equally disappointed with the room. Desperately in need of TLC and tiny room. Other than that, the whole hol fab from start to finish. Linda.

Frankath
(Member)
'Jennyjill' wrote:

Hi , I am 62 and , like , would love to go to Italy, I have never travelled on my own so will have to be brave !

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello there

You do not have to be 'brave' to travel with Just You. Just go ahead and book the destination you have always wanted to visit and, trust me, you will have no regrets. Age is no problem with Just You - after all age is just a number. I have been on 4 Just You holidays since 2009 and will be booking my next one very soon once I have made up my mind which destination to pick first from my evergrowing list!

Jaya