Bigal903
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Looking for advice - going on golden west tour in November and can't make up my mind on which grand canyon trip to do - so much choice

Any advice from someone who has done this tour would be appreciated

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
When I did the same holiday I opted for the Glass walkway but wasn't over impressed to be honest, just as good views stood on the edge. In my opinion the helicopter is the best option.
lesley07
(Member)
'Bigal903' wrote:

Looking for advice - going on golden west tour in November and can't make up my mind on which grand canyon trip to do - so much choice

Hi

I did this trip last year. I chose to do the one hour flight and really enjoyed it. Others in the group did the other options-views were mixed! Some felt that the most expensive did not live up to expectations and that the mid priced was ok. Not sure if this helps but overall you will enjoy this trip. I particularly enjoyed San Fran and Palm Springs. Las Vegas was an experience but not really my scene.

Have a great holiday

Lesley/quote]

SHELLY 1
(Member)
'Bigal903' wrote:

Hi I did the sane trip in June last year and had so much fun. I did the three fliight, helicopter, boat. Yes it costs but it was the last day and so much fun.I would do it again. Shelly 1

gblady
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have lived in Arizona for many years and visited Grand Canyon often, I think the best views are from the south rim but helicoptor is wonderful as long as you are not afraid of highs!!!
LovelyLesley1
(Member)
Hi,

I have just done the Route 66 tour and we went to the Grand Canyon. I did the helicopter flight - $199 and worth every penny ! It was awesome !!

I did hear others say that the glass walkway was not as good - but it is your choice.

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel:

Dido123
(Member)
Hey, Bigal 903,

Once you have decided and travelled perhaps you could post so that the rest of the travellers (like me!) booked for the future can benefit from your experience? I quite fancy the one with the flight and the boat though it's quite expensive; would love to know whether it's worth it.

Have a great time x

stevmag
(Member)
I did the Helicopter trip. Awesome. Did it before seeing the Grand Canyon so my first sight of it was from the air looking down. Tp

o me thats the only way to do it

Steve

Bigal903
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for all advice, looks like helicopter wins, will let you know how it goes