Sue Hedges
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am going on the Golden West trip in May and i cannot decide which of the three Grand Canyon options to go for and would like some advice from someone who has already done these trips. I want to enjoy the scenery and not have to rush around. Would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks

Sue

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Didn't rate the glass walkway, waste of money, just as good views from the canyon edge.

Mick

brownowl
(Member)
Hi Sue, I did the Grand Canyon trip in September lasy year, and decided to go for it and do the three in one. A light plane took us to the Canyon, and then the helicopter took us down into the Canyon, where we had to walk down a track to the river, and then a short boat ride. The helicopter picked us up and took us back up and then we had a bus ride to another part of thr canyon where you could carry on and doe the skywalk, or have your packed lunch at a picnic area overlooking the canyon. We spent approx one hour there, and then we went back to the heliport for our return. The helicopter ride was quite short, as was the boat ride. I thought we would fly through the canyon and see more of it, but we were just taken down i nto the canyon to the boat. However, I did really enjoy the experience. I didnt do the skywalk though. I hope someone else replies who did one of the other packages to compare.

You will have a wonderful time, and the whole trip is amazing, uou will see so many things and so many places. Just writing this makes me want to go back NOW,! I fell in love with Palm Springs, but it was soooo hot. San Francisco is also fantastic. Oooooh I am so envious. Regards Sheila x

anita23
(Member)
anita23

I am going on the Golden West trip in september 30th and would like to know this too of about Grand Canyon options to go for and would like . Also if anyone else is going on that date it would be nice to have a chat real excited about going this is my first jy trip

anita x

anita23
(Member)
hi all my name is anita and this is my 4th time in trying to post a message so fingers crossed it works . i am going Golden West Trip and to the grand canyon in october is anyone else going pls reply it would be nice to have a chat and my friends

anitas

Auntie D
(Member)
Hiya Sue,

I was on the Golden West trip 3 years ago but assume trips are the same. Not to be missed is the helicopter trip to the Grand Canyon, particularly one which lands on the banks of the Colorado River for a champagne breakfast!!

Also, if you visit Farmers Market in LA, their pancakes are to die for.

You'll have great fun and meet super people.

Denise

Auntie D
(Member)
Hi Sue,

I went on the Golden West trip 3 years ago but assume the trips will be the same. The not to be missed Grand Canyon option would be a helicopter flight over, landing on the banks of the Colorado River for champagne breakfast.

Also, when you visit the Farmers Market in LA, their pancakes are to die for.

Have fun and make sure you've lots of room on the SIM card of your camera.

Denise

anita23
(Member)
hi sue

I am doing the Golden West trip in September cant wait it my first trip with jy and really excited hope you have a great time

anita x

Sue Hedges
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mick wrote:

Didn't rate the glass walkway, waste of money, just as good views from the canyon edge.

Mick

thanks very much for the info and taking to time to share your experience

Sue

Sue Hedges
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'brownowl' wrote:

Hi Sue, I did the Grand Canyon trip in September lasy year, and decided to go for it and do the three in one. A light plane took us to the Canyon, and then the helicopter took us down into the Canyon, where we had to walk down a track to the river, and then a short boat ride. The helicopter picked us up and took us back up and then we had a bus ride to another part of thr canyon where you could carry on and doe the skywalk, or have your packed lunch at a picnic area overlooking the canyon. We spent approx one hour there, and then we went back to the heliport for our return. The helicopter ride was quite short, as was the boat ride. I thought we would fly through the canyon and see more of it, but we were just taken down i nto the canyon to the boat. However, I did really enjoy the experience. I didnt do the skywalk though. I hope someone else replies who did one of the other packages to compare.

You will have a wonderful time, and the whole trip is amazing, uou will see so many things and so many places. Just writing this makes me want to go back NOW,! I fell in love with Palm Springs, but it was soooo hot. San Francisco is also fantastic. Oooooh I am so envious. Regards Sheila x

Thank you for your reply, sounds like i choose the right holiday

Sue

Sue Hedges
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Auntie wrote:

Hiya Sue,

I was on the Golden West trip 3 years ago but assume trips are the same. Not to be missed is the helicopter trip to the Grand Canyon, particularly one which lands on the banks of the Colorado River for a champagne breakfast!!

Also, if you visit Farmers Market in LA, their pancakes are to die for.

You'll have great fun and meet super people.

Denise

thanks for the tip regarding the pancakes and the helicopter ride

Sue

philc2104
(Member)
Hi Sue. I was on this tour in September (maybe same one as brownowl, or maybe not) I just went for the one hour visionary flight and thoroughly enjoyed it. Only downside for me was i was on the right side of the plane so didn't get a view of hoover dam, but that's one of those things. Also be aware that whatever trip you do it is an early pick-up, about 4.30/4.45am i think as the guide prebooks seats on the first flight of the day. The plus side to this is i was back at the hotel by 9am so i got a couple hours sleep and effectively had the whole day to myself and those that did the 3 in 1 were back before 2. Whichever one you choose you'll great great views of the canyon.

Enjoy your holiday, the whole tour was just fantastic.

Phil

Sue Hedges
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'philc2104' wrote:

Hi Sue. I was on this tour in September (maybe same one as brownowl, or maybe not) I just went for the one hour visionary flight and thoroughly enjoyed it. Only downside for me was i was on the right side of the plane so didn't get a view of hoover dam, but that's one of those things. Also be aware that whatever trip you do it is an early pick-up, about 4.30/4.45am i think as the guide prebooks seats on the first flight of the day. The plus side to this is i was back at the hotel by 9am so i got a couple hours sleep and effectively had the whole day to myself and those that did the 3 in 1 were back before 2. Whichever one you choose you'll great great views of the canyon.

Enjoy your holiday, the whole tour was just fantastic.

Phil

Thanks Phil this was very helpful

Jo hux
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue,

I am going on this trip in May '13 and was looking at the options. I have seen that you can get a helicopter from the strip to take you there and cuts down travelling time, but still i have not made my mind up yet. Dose anyone know if it is ok to book when you are there? Which airport are you flying from. I am so excited to find someone going on the same date as me as everyone seems to going every month but May 🙂. Jo

Sue Hedges
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jo wrote:

Hi Sue,

I am going on this trip in May '13 and was looking at the options. I have seen that you can get a helicopter from the strip to take you there and cuts down travelling time, but still i have not made my mind up yet. Dose anyone know if it is ok to book when you are there? Which airport are you flying from. I am so excited to find someone going on the same date as me as everyone seems to going every month but May 🙂. Jo

Hi Jo i am flying from Heathrow nice to know i am not the only one as well, by reading all answers regarding this questions it looks like you can book when you are there. i am sure the rep will give us all the info. look forward to meeting you

Sue:thumbup: