Goodie
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I was widowed 3 three years ago and finally feel ready to take a holiday. However, I'm 68 and don't wish to stick out as a 'grandfather figure' so wondered what the age range on these holidays is generally like?

Thanks,

David

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
David

I have answered your other two postings on here ..

Cindy

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
have answered on your other post
JanBeth
(Member)
'Goodie' wrote:

I was widowed 3 three years ago and finally feel ready to take a holiday. However, I'm 68 and don't wish to stick out as a 'grandfather figure' so wondered what the age range on these holidays is generally like?

Thanks,

David

Hi David,

I think the age range really varies and from what I have read, a lot seem to be in the 50s/60s age range. I was widowed 5 years ago and am nearly 61, and planning my first Just You holiday for next March, probably to India, so I am jumping in at the deep end!

Regards,

Jan :)

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Goodie,

I cannot emphasise enough how age is not a factor in these holidays. I speak to you as a 26year old who started going on these holidays when i was 22. I have loved everyone! The age range is always highly varied however the average, i would say is about the sixties so in terms of age, you would fit in brilliantly. In the end we are all there to have a good time and it is this that unites everyone.

THe status of everyone there is not a given either. SOme are single, widowed, in a civil partnership, married or just wanna get away from the kids haha!

Take the plunge, you'll have a great time.

Ben, do you think it would be wise to have a section of the community dedicated to the issues of age. It is a rwecurring theme and seems to be a worry for a lot of people.

Thanks

Mark

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi see the post in "Share your travel tips" on age and the make up of JY travellers and you will be very reassured!

Cheers,

Bob

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Mark

It's on the section share your travel tips

http://www.justyou.co.uk/forum/thread-51972.html 

Cindy

SusieB
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Goodie' wrote:

Thanks,

David