Johnmfrancis
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone.

John here. Aged 46. Recently separated and now contemplating holidays after being a family man for 20 years. Will still of course be going the odd time with my kids but will have to get used to travelling single as well.

Fairly well travellled but I think I would like to plan a really different sort of trip. Somewhere like alaska maybe. I will browse the noticeboards but feel free to make some suggestions for later this year or early next.

I am a fairlyy oung 46 and get on with most people male and female from mid 20s up to late 40s (and beyond !!) - my gym partner is a fiteness fanatic 25 year old and can keep up mostly just about.

I do like keep fit and the finer things like good restaurants - been on quite a few cruises.

I may well attend one of the discovery weekends later this year.

All the best.

Johm

jenny2k
(Member)
Hi there

Im new to Just You and im currently trying to decide where to go. China is my ideal but im thinking i'll do a Europe trip first to get used to a trip on my own.

Im 26 and really want to start travelling and thought this would be a really great way to do this to meet new people and have new experiences!

Just saying a general hello really, everyone seems really friendly so its making me more determined to book a trip, think it will be in 2013 for me.

Hope you have a good trip wherever you decide to go!

Jenny

Tai
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi John

Separated after 24 years of marriage, I too wanted to travel but did not fancy the idea of being completely alone. Last year I tried one of the UK based discovery weekends, thoroughly enjoyed myself and booked a week in Sorrento. I had a great time and have just come back from my second trip with Just You, this time in Lake Garda.

The two holidays I have taken have been very well described in the brochure and I have found the staff at Just You very helpful and knowledgeable. My advise is to take the plunge, pick a holiday and go. Everyone on these trips is in a similar position, travelling alone for a variety of reasons so there is plenty of companionship.

The airport and flight can be lonely, so display your Just You label and look out for others with the same tag - a great place to meet "newbies" and seasoned Just You travellers.

Have fun

Sharon

RJE
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Tai' wrote:

Hi John

Separated after 24 years of marriage, I too wanted to travel but did not fancy the idea of being completely alone. Last year I tried one of the UK based discovery weekends, thoroughly enjoyed myself and booked a week in Sorrento. I had a great time and have just come back from my second trip with Just You, this time in Lake Garda.

The two holidays I have taken have been very well described in the brochure and I have found the staff at Just You very helpful and knowledgeable. My advise is to take the plunge, pick a holiday and go. Everyone on these trips is in a similar position, travelling alone for a variety of reasons so there is plenty of companionship.

The airport and flight can be lonely, so display your Just You label and look out for others with the same tag - a great place to meet "newbies" and seasoned Just You travellers.

Have fun

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Did you have any trouble at the airport?? Thats one of my worries, I could get lost on my street. Not booked a holiday like this before so a bit wary of the unknown, but your words are very reassuring. Chewing over barcelona at the moment.

Rhonda