Pauline K
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello out there

Is anyone going or thinking of going to New zealand in dec/jan/feb or have you been and what is it like and do you recomend it?

Thankyou, regards Pauline.

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Pauline

I went this January HKG and NZ .....I think I posted a comment in the testimonials section.

The scenery is stunning and a very good holiday the weather was not kind to us in HKG so that did in fect spoil some great views, but no one can control the weather.

Highlights: Helicopter Ride over mountains snow covered and landing on top of one and standing in the snow fantastic: Milford sound day, this was just so beautiful and I must admit moved me to sehd a tear and I don't cry easy these days.

Downside: All the hotels and hours spent on the coach. The Long Flight.

I am very glad that I went on this tour as it is indeed a lovely country, but so VAST!!! The mix of people was very good and we all got along fine. So yes, I would recommend this tour, but there is a lot of sitting in coaches, I did not realize how much that would take up the time. I hope you book this but have a good look at the itinary . If I can help with anything else just ask.

Cindy

ColinG
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Pauline wrote:

Hello out there

Is anyone going or thinking of going to New zealand in dec/jan/feb or have you been and what is it like and do you recomend it?

Hi Pauline, booked for this trip for the 21st November,

regards

Colin

Pauline K
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

Pauline

I went this January HKG and NZ .....I think I posted a comment in the testimonials section.

The scenery is stunning and a very good holiday the weather was not kind to us in HKG so that did in fect spoil some great views, but no one can control the weather.

Highlights: Helicopter Ride over mountains snow covered and landing on top of one and standing in the snow fantastic: Milford sound day, this was just so beautiful and I must admit moved me to sehd a tear and I don't cry easy these days.

Downside: All the hotels and hours spent on the coach. The Long Flight.

I am very glad that I went on this tour as it is indeed a lovely country, but so VAST!!! The mix of people was very good and we all got along fine. So yes, I would recommend this tour, but there is a lot of sitting in coaches, I did not realize how much that would take up the time. I hope you book this but have a good look at the itinary . If I can help with anything else just ask.

Cindy

Cindy,

Hi there, thankyou for the infomation, I understand what you are saying, two years ago I went to South Africa and that tour was exhausting but an experience not to be missed, that was my first experience with JY.

So, are you saying that the coach time puts a blight on the holiday,to be quite honest it is either NZ or China, and not sure which way to go,I really would appreciate some advice,

Thanking you

Pauline

Pauline K
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'ColinG' wrote:

'Pauline wrote:

Hello out there

regards

Colin

Hi Colin, what made you want to go to NZ? I am thinking of booking tomorrow,do you know of anyone who has been?

Regards

Pauline

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
If I am totaly honest there was an awful lot of driving on this tour, but to cover the distance that is covered this has to be the way to go. When you have any group of people we all have different views on things so for me it could be hour upon hour of driving to get somewhere and I would think is this it !!! but others would be WOW!! other times I would be WOW and I am sure others thought is this it!!.,

All I can say is I am very glad I did this tour, but I will not be visiting New Zealand again, there are stunning views, just be prepared to live out of a suit case and hours sitting on coaches..I am sure you will pick the right tour for you. Wherever you go HAVE FUN!! and enjoy it all.

Cindy

Pauline K
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

If I am totaly honest there was an awful lot of driving on this tour, but to cover the distance that is covered this has to be the way to go. When you have any group of people we all have different views on things so for me it could be hour upon hour of driving to get somewhere and I would think is this it !!! but others would be WOW!! other times I would be WOW and I am sure others thought is this it!!.,

All I can say is I am very glad I did this tour, but I will not be visiting New Zealand again, there are stunning views, just be prepared to live out of a suit case and hours sitting on coaches..I am sure you will pick the right tour for you. Wherever you go HAVE FUN!! and enjoy it all.

Cindy

Thankyou Cindy, I just wanted some honesty

Regards

Pauline

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hello Pauline

My first JY trip was to New Zealand in March 2010 and I've also been to South Africa in March 2012. New Zealand is a lovely place and you have to put up with the long flight and lots of time on the coach (sleep time) to experience the country. Hotel hopping and living out of a suitcase is exactly the same as the South Africa trip but again, if you want to experience these places you have to go with the flow.

If you really fancy NZ just go for it. It will be as exhausting as South Africa but hey you're only on this planet once!

Sylvia

ColinG
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Pauline wrote:

'ColinG' wrote:

'Pauline wrote:

Hello out there

regards

Colin

Hi Colin, what made you want to go to NZ? I am thinking of booking tomorrow,do you know of anyone who has been?

Regards

Pauline

Hi Pauline, I've known & worked with people who came from NZ to work in UK and spoke at length about it to them. It is also somewhere I've wanted to go to since being quite young. The geography of the place holds a lot of attractions. Added to this, seeing some of the source material, some on here by way of testimonials & other stuff on the internet really made up my mind. May see you on the trip!!

Colin

the_baron1
(Member)
Hello Pauline,

I am going on the 21st November trip this year. Olly has informed me that 10 of us are booked on this leg of the tour so far. Our tour starts in Singapore, then Australia visiting all areas of the country.

I've always wanted to go to New Zealand but never went there in my days in the Navy. I have a few freinds that I know in New Zealand who say that the country is beautiful. Looking at the films and photographs of the country I want to explore and view before I am to old. They also tell me that NZ is like England was in the 70's. Reminising my youth again I expect, in thoughts only!

Hope you do decide to go and see, remember it's along way and whilst out that way enjoy what the far east and other destinations have to offer at the same time.

Best wishes

Eric.

HelenJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
I booked this for Feb 2013, wow expensive but really want to go. Am going on the Cook Islands adding 5 days too - 26 days in all

HelenJ

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Helen

You will have a great time I did Hong Kong and Newzealnd tour in January 2012.. Great sights to see

Cindy

HelenJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi all,

Yes I booked for this the other day, Feb 8 2013 departure. Am doing The Cook Islands addon too after researching Raratonga, looks a beautiful place. I know the addon maks it a £6000 holiday, but these places just have to be seen!

Done loads of Justyou hols & loved every single one.

HelenJ

HelenJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Pauline wrote:

Hello out there

Hi There

Yes I've booked NZ for Feb. 2013

HelenJ