JMCC
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi All

I'm considering booking the Spirit of India trip for later this year, although I am happy to consider early 2013 instead. Have you extensive travellers any tips about the best time of the year to go on this trip (I'm thinking of the weather, particularly the heat)?

I've looked on weather websites and November - March looks good, but you can't beat first-hand experience. Any advice/tips would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

J

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JMCC' wrote:

Hi All

I'm considering booking the Spirit of India trip for later this year, although I am happy to consider early 2013 instead. Have you extensive travellers any tips about the best time of the year to go on this trip (I'm thinking of the weather, particularly the heat)?

I've looked on weather websites and November - March looks good, but you can't beat first-hand experience. Any advice/tips would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

J

Hi J,

I did this holiday last month, and the weather was just right. There are 3 very early mornings i.e. Taj Mahal, Ganges and Game Drive, where it is cold, but it was 5 a.m. but apart from that very pleasant. It is the most fantastic trip - I have done 7 JY holidays and this now my No.1. Do book it, and enjoy, but you need to enquire soon as this gets booked up quite early.

Hils

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I'm just back from this trip and the weather in March was very good - from mid to high 20s in Delhi to high 30s in Varanasi. A great experience, seeing a tiger at close quarters in Ranthambore and the Taj were the highlights for me.

Bob

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

Best time to visit India is between October - March, which is Winter / Spring time over there. It is not a good idea to go when it is Summer time there.

I have not done this trip, but am sure you will enjoy it. Just go with an open mind without any preconceived ideas and you will have fun.

Regards

Jaya

SusieB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I,ve just come back from the March trip and the weather was just right. Mid 30s in day mid 20s in evenings. I should think April is just about OK too but wouldn't want any later than that i.e. June - Sept.

Sue

JMCC
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks All

Feb/March 2013 is looking favourite at the moment.

Kind regards

J

Dream chaser
(Member)
I have booked for 18th. November, I believe from seeing some other posts that Oct-Dec is the best time., hopefully it will prove to be.

Clive

Dream chaser
(Member)
I have booked for 18th. November. I believe from looking at other posts etc. that Oct - Dec is the best time, hopefully this prove to be correct.

Clive

lesley07
(Member)
'JMCC' wrote:

Hi All

Many thanks.

J

Hi

I am going on this trip in October. Will contact you again when I get back and give you info

Lesley

shopper21
(Member)

Hi - I did this trip in late April / early May - last one of the season as it is getting too hot in late May and everywhere starts to shut down in preparation for the forthcoming monsoons. A lot of the native Indians were also heading off on holiday as it was too hot - many were headed for the UK! So the later you go the hotter it is but also, one big bonus, it is less busy. The heat can be quite draining, although you spend most of the time on air conditioned coaches, in air conditioned hotels or just finding the shade under trees. Even the early mornings were quite pleasant - no need for extra layers - and it was lovely to be able to catch the occasional few hours out in the sun by the pool if we had an early afternoon finish. I see from the latest brochure that they are not doing this trip in April next year - we had 23 on a trip for 30 - so there will be even more pressure on places. So, choose your date, book up and get into training - it's a "full on” tour but well worth it.