starlinedancer
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi. Is anyone else booked to go to India on 28th April? If so, I would be glad to hear from you. Regards Terri 🙂
shopper21
(Member)
Hi Terri

Yes booked Spirit of India departing 28th April at the beginning of this week and went for required jabs this morning - so it's all systems go. I'm travelling from Manchester but it's good to know that I'm not the only one on the tour. This is my first time with JUSTYOU so I'm looking forward to the whole adventure. Went to see "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" at the weekend so I can't decide which character I'd prefer to be! Love to hear from you, Sue

Lisa S
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi Terri and Sue

Yes, I'm also booked. I've done one JY trip before, which was fabulous.

I'm quite lucky on jabs - only need a typhoid booster in about a months time, everything else is up to date from previous trips. Not sure whether to get anti-malarial tablets - my docs won't answer for definite as they say they can't find out for some of the places we are visiting, and I know that I am prone to getting bitten, so I may get them to be safe. What are you doing?

Look forward to meeting you both

Lisa

shopper21
(Member)
Hi Lisa,

Good to hear from you - I'm sure that we'll all be well acquainted by the time we meet up.

My doctor seems adamant that I don't need malaria tablets (which is what the practice nurse also said) so I'll listen to what the professionals say and just rely on the spray and cream. I think that it all depends on how you respond to bites - if you are prone to bad reactions from bites that I suppose that it is better to limit the damage but a quick zap with the insect spray usually stops me from having any further problems. The most important thing is to have a worry free holiday.

Happy planning,

Sue

starlinedancer
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sue and Lisa

I am glad there is someone else on this trip. I was beginning to wonder if I would be going on my own! I have been on quite a few Just You holidays and I think they are great value for money. I have not been to the doctor yet. I have heard mixed reports about getting malaria tablets. I had them when I went to Kenya. Look forward to hearing from you again before we go.

Terri

carole a
(Member)
spirit of india april 28 hi everyone this is my first holiday on my own since my husband died two years ago so am a bit worried about travelling alone is anyone else going from newcastle looking forward to meeting everyone regards carole
shopper21
(Member)
Hi Carole,

Things are starting to move now - that's 4 of us so far for India on 28th April - I'm sure that there must be a few more hiding out there somewhere. I'm travelling from Manchester but I expect that we'll all have time to meet up before the long flight to India. Once we know definite flight times we can arrange something - Heathrow is a big airport to hang around in for a few hours. Looking forward to meeting you, Sue (I'm also a first timer with Just You but I'm sure that we'll be well looked after).

shopper21
(Member)
Hi Terri,

My doctor said that we definitely don't need the malaria tablets as it's a low risk area - which confirmed what the practice nurse had said when I had my jabs. I think that it all depends on how you react to bites - cream and spray are "must haves" as well as lots of Imodium and hand gel / wipes. Everybody going to India seems to be struggling with the same question - at least it will give us something to talk about. Looking forward to hearing from you, Sue

Lisa S
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Terri Sue and Carole

I have been known to react badly to bites, so I'll probably play it safe and get the tablets when I go for my booster. I live in the Midlands, so I'll drive down to Heathrow and park. It sounds a good idea to consider meeting up there on the day - I happened to bump into someone on my tour to Jordan when we both arrived early, and we had a good time getting to know one another and whiling away the time

PeterG
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Lisa wrote:

Hi Terri Sue and Carole

I have been known to react badly to bites, so I'll probably play it safe and get the tablets when I go for my booster. I live in the Midlands, so I'll drive down to Heathrow and park. It sounds a good idea to consider meeting up there on the day - I happened to bump into someone on my tour to Jordan when we both arrived early, and we had a good time getting to know one another and whiling away the time

I don't think Malaria Tablets will change your reaction to bites and if its not a malaria zone you will have wasted your money - they cost about £3 each. Better to spend on a good repellant.

starlinedancer
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone. It's good to know there are quite a few of us going on this holiday. I have been on quite a few Just You holidays and they are very good. Don't worry about it being your first holiday everyone is very friendly and you won't want to wait to book another one! When I went to Kenya we had a pass for the executive lounge which was great because we all met up there before the flight. I am hoping this holiday also includes a lounge - it should for the price it cost!!! Bye for now. Terri

:cool:

shopper21
(Member)
Hi Terri,

Just got my amended invoice which shows a refund of £15 for the executive lounge - and I had read on somebody else's blog that the executive lounge wasn't available - so we'll have to make our own arrangements about meeting up - Heathrow is a big place! Maybe JustYou can suggest a good alternative meeting place. Sue

carole a
(Member)
'shopper21' wrote:

Hi Terri,

Just got my amended invoice which shows a refund of £15 for the executive lounge - and I had read on somebody else's blog that the executive lounge wasn't available - so we'll have to make our own arrangements about meeting up - Heathrow is a big place! Maybe JustYou can suggest a good alternative meeting place. Sue

carole a
(Member)
'starlinedancer' wrote:

Hi. Is anyone else booked to go to India on 28th April? If so, I would be glad to hear from you. Regards Terri 🙂

hi terri shame about lounge being closed i was looking forward to meeting everyone good idea if just you could think of place to meet

starlinedancer
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi All. Glad there are a few of us on this trip. I am really looking forward to it. I went to Kenya with JY and had a fantastic time. Just got my visa and passport back. Don't know whether to get malaria tablets or not. Got a letter saying that there is no executive lounge at T4 - that's a shame as it is where we usually meet our fellow travellers. I don't know T4 so can't suggest where we could meet up. Will just have to look out for JY baggage tags. Bye for now, Terri
shopper21
(Member)
Hi Everybody,

Just had a look on the website for Heathrow Terminal 4 and there is a Garfunkel's after security which might be a good place to meet up as it should suit all tastes and prices. I'm flying up from Manchester and should land at Heathrow Terminal 1 at 16.45 so we could arrange to meet at about 7 / 7.30 pm. What does everybody think? Sue

Lisa S
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue - that sounds like a good plan. I'm aiming to park up in Long Stay around 6, so I'd love to meet up. If flight is 8.45, then I expect we'll have to be at Gate by 7.45, so if we went for 7 or a little before that would give us all a chance to say hi and break the ice. I read on another thread there are 23 of us. Visa is back. Typhoid booster today, everything else was up to date . Investing in decent repellent and cream (in large quantities lol) re the mossies - finally found a sensible pharmacist who advised - also will be wearing cotton trousers mostly, but that's also cos of my fat legs :o) . Haven't prebooked excursions yet - think I'll see what the rest of you are doing and book when there if necessary. Have to say the village trip doesn't really appeal though.
shopper21
(Member)
Hi Lisa,

Okay - Garfunkel's at 6.30 ish. I'll probably head straight there after I've changed terminals as I know how tempting the shops are in Heathrow! I'm also all sorted - just need to buy all the potions but had the jabs and got the visa. I've booked all the extra trips - they're paid for so it's one less thing to think about. Previous travellers on this trip have recommended taking spending money in sterling and changing it at the hotels as you don't need a lot and you don't want to end up with a load of rupees that you have to spend! Having seen the film - Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - I'm going to dress like Judi Dench so that the mosquitoes have less flesh to attack - and I think that a hat will be useful. So we'ree really on count down now - won't be long, Sue

starlinedancer
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Garfunkel's at about 6.30 sounds good for me too. I always get to the airport far too early but I love the hustle and bustle and people watching. Also, once I am packed I just want to start the holiday. Might see some of you around T4 before we meet at 6.30. Am getting quite excited now. I have also paid for all the excursions. Terri

'shopper21' wrote:

Hi Lisa,

Okay - Garfunkel's at 6.30 ish. I'll probably head straight there after I've changed terminals as I know how tempting the shops are in Heathrow! I'm also all sorted - just need to buy all the potions but had the jabs and got the visa. I've booked all the extra trips - they're paid for so it's one less thing to think about. Previous travellers on this trip have recommended taking spending money in sterling and changing it at the hotels as you don't need a lot and you don't want to end up with a load of rupees that you have to spend! Having seen the film - Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - I'm going to dress like Judi Dench so that the mosquitoes have less flesh to attack - and I think that a hat will be useful. So we'ree really on count down now - won't be long, Sue

shopper21
(Member)
Hi Terri,

Great that we're all thinking alike - good start. See you in Garfunkel's. Sue