Stephg55
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Me on my own now. Older, but very young at heart. Would love to travel a bit while I still can. My children have all travelled - why should they go places, and not me ??). Still unsure about solo though. Thinking about Safari - lots of talk about dangers of Kenya for travellers. Would I be safe with JY?: dodgy:
Peter Jersey
(Member)
Hello Stephg

Hello and welcome to the community. I can understand you being apprehensive. We all were when we went for the first time, but please don't be scared. JY cater for ages between 30ish and 80+. You will be well looked after by your Tour Manager and as for safety, its more dangerous to cross a busy road in the UK.

I hope you decide to go ahead and book your holiday. Go and ENJOY

Peter

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Steph...

I did the Kenyan Safari + Add on last October and it was just fantastic to see the animals, and then chill out at the 2nd hotel, from my holiday experience and a JY point of veiw I would say go for it.. I never felt unsafe..I personally did not like being hassled by the locals as in begging and buying there cheap tat, but I am sad to say this happens in a few countries nowadays. but DO NOT let that you put you off. I had a great time and felt very safe, being hassled is different. If I can help with anything more feel free to pick my brains.

Cindy

Mary K
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Stephg55' wrote:

Me on my own now. Older, but very young at heart. Would love to travel a bit while I still can. My children have all travelled - why should they go places, and not me ??). Still unsure about solo though. Thinking about Safari - lots of talk about dangers of Kenya for travellers. Would I be safe with JY?: dodgy:

I have just returned from the Kenya trip ..it was fabulous!!!!! well worth it... we didnt encounter any difficulties and the people there are so friendly...Just go for it .you wont be disappointed.

Mary K

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I would say just go and book a holiday. Life is too short to worry about little things! I have been on 2 Just You holidays to Jordan and Andalucia and both were brilliant. We were looked after very well and you do not have to worry about anything at all. I have booked my third trip for May 2012.

Jaya