Klunky Colin
(Member) (Topic Starter)
This is aimed at people who have done the Malta holiday recently:

I'm going to Malta on September 14th, and wondered whether anyone has any tips on where (and maybe what) to eat?

There are no meals included with the holiday. Do you recommend we eat at the San Antonio Hotel, or find a local cafe/restaurant? Reviews of the hotel suggest breakfast is good, but dinner not so good.

Any suggestions would be welcomed, thanks.

Colin.

loopylou
(Member)
I went to Malta in June and we had 6 breakfasts and 5 evening meals included in the holiday. I am quite a fussy eater but found that the meals at San Antonio were fine. There are plenty of eating places around the hotel including a fish and chip shop plus supermarkets.
Klunky Colin
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks LoopyLou

I've only just booked this holiday, and I won't get to see the booking details until the weekend. As there was no mention of meals in the holiday description, I assumed there were no meals included.

Colin.

loopylou
(Member)
Hi Colin

Thought that i would tell you that it is cheap to travel around the island either on the sightseeing bus or the local buses of which the terminus is right near to the hotel, they are due to have new Arriva buses (they may be in service already). The double decker sightseeing bus does two trips, the north of the island and the south,it is about 12 euros and the local buses are about 3 euro a day, you can also buy weekly tickets.

I hope that you have a lovely holiday

PS The Air Malta flight from Gatwick serves meals so do not purchase sandwiches like i did to take on board.

Klunky Colin
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks LoopyLou, I'll bear it in mind.

I'll probably go on all the organised excursions, but when there's nothing to do I'll probably get on a bus to see the island (I'm not one for lazing by the pool).

Just You are using easyJet for my holiday, so I will need to buy food at some point.