christine2
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi I'm new to all this, never having travelled on my own. Should I or should I not book a holiday is what I have been thinking for weeks. I'm 60 and the prospect of travelling alone and possibly having to change planes terryfies me. Any advice

Annam
  • (Member)
(Member)
I've done about 10 JY holidays and all have been great. Most of the trips I've done, the tour manager has flown at the same (the exception was classic cities of Italy - the tour manager was based in Italy) so if you've got any issues about travelling on the flights they are always very helpful. When booking holiday, you can ask about the tour manager (or do throught the tour manager/editor links on this website).

Don't worry about travelling alone - with JY holidays your will never be on your own. Age ranges have been anywhere between 30's to late seventies. Women tend to outnumber men. Group sizes smallest has been 13 largest has been 40. Destination - which a holiday that appeals to you and you'll have a great time.

Anna

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Christine

I agree totally with what Anna has said. I have my 8th JY holiday booked for 2012, There is a rep at departures to greet you and make sure your in the right line for booking in etc. Most times the rep travels with you the one that will be doing the tour but not always. Not when I went to Tuscany or Austria, also they don't always travel back with you as they might be doing a different tour but they will get you to the airport and make sure your checked in etc.

You worry about being alone but you are in a group of people travelling, if you have to change planes your on that journey together, so I really would try and push these worries to one side and if there is a holiday you fancy BOOK IT and give it a go.

If there are any other questions please ask away and some one will be able to help you I am sure.

Good Luck

Cindy

daveanddoggy
(Member)
'christine2' wrote:

Hi I'm new to all this, never having travelled on my own. Should I or should I not book a holiday is what I have been thinking for weeks. I'm 60 and the prospect of travelling alone and possibly having to change planes terryfies me. Any advice

I am like you Christine. 62 and frightened, first timer. Have booked holiday for a week in Greece in September but am already losing sleep over it. ( Ay my age as well!!) But in for a penny...... Good Luck

JeanB
  • (Member)
(Member)
'christine2' wrote:

[Well Done. Unlike you, I don't mind the flying but am so nervous/terrified of holidaying alone. Have just booked Christmas in Bournemouth. Have I done right I ask? Good luck. Let me know how you get on. ]

paulinuk
(Member)
hello new oldie here,what to do next?
paulinuk
(Member)
hi i,m an oldie newby.what to do next?
abbey
  • (Member)
(Member)

Hi I know exactly how you feel i have been doing the same but by reading other replies it is so good know that others feel the same.

have booked or still giving it some thought?[/size][/font]

christine2
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'daveanddoggy' wrote:

'christine2' wrote:

I am like you Christine. 62 and frightened, first timer. Have booked holiday for a week in Greece in September but am already losing sleep over it. ( Ay my age as well!!) But in for a penny...... Good Luck

Well I took the plunge and have booked my first holiday to Mallorca in October.Alpine Europe looked tempting but I thought it may be quite coole at the end of October plus going to Mallorca I can fly direct from my local airport.Good luck to you too.

hsutherland
(Member)
Hello all, I've logged on here for my 64 year old mum! She is trying to pluck up the courage to book a holiday with Just You. I keep trying, she would love it I'm sure. Christine, you should have a chat with her and book it together.
christine2
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'hsutherland' wrote:

Hello all, I've logged on here for my 64 year old mum! She is trying to pluck up the courage to book a holiday with Just You. I keep trying, she would love it I'm sure. Christine, you should have a chat with her and book it together.

christine2
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'hsutherland' wrote:

My daughter was the same. She kept telling me to book a holiday. I have now booked to go to Mallorca on the 5th October so I can fly from my local airport. Just do it and worry about it later. Best of luck

butterfly123
(Member)
'christine2' wrote:

Hi I had my first solo holiday last year and already I am on my 3rd - they are great - I am off to India 2.10.2011 from Heathrow 4 if you fancy a chat about anything. butterfly123

Tracey7
(Member)
Hi All, I've just joined the forum and just like you quite nervous of going on holiday by myself. Keep saying I will but never do.
raymondo
(Member)
'Tracey7' wrote:

Hi All, I've just joined the forum and just like you quite nervous of going on holiday by myself. Keep saying I will but never do.

Well from what iv'e been told before joining here, you won't be on your own, you just mingle with other singles and enjoy the holiday,conversation and make friends, everyone will be in the same boat (literally if its a cruise)lol

ray 🙂

janeyalan
(Member)
Jumped in at the deep end and did my first holiday to China last year, amazing! so well looked after you will have no worries, off to Costa Rica in Aug, good luck with your choice.
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Tracy7

Don't lt life pass you by, find a holiday you fancy and book it, I am on my 8th ..

Cindy

HUNNY1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi , I'm female, in my early 50's and have not booked anything yet. I will but would like to know from anyone what would be best. What age groups are there?
christine2
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'abbey' wrote:

Hi I know exactly how you feel i have been doing the same but by reading other replies it is so good know that others feel the same.

have booked or still giving it some thought?[/size][/font]

I have booked Mallorca for October and after that the world is my oyster as they say :)

christine2
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'JeanB' wrote:

'christine2' wrote:

[Well Done. Unlike you, I don't mind the flying but am so nervous/terrified of holidaying alone. Have just booked Christmas in Bournemouth. Have I done right I ask? Good luck. Let me know how you get on. ]

I have booked Mallorca in October so I don't have to change planes on my first trip. I don't mind the flying it was the prospect of having to fly to London first that worried me. After this trip who knows where i will go next. Good luck in Bournemouth, I'm sure you will enjoy it.