Frankw
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I am booked on the holiday to Australia 11th Oct and intend to try Scuba diving when we get to Cairns.

Anybody booked on the trip that also wants to Scuba Dive?

Cheers Frank 🙂

zztop27
(Member)
I'm booked on this trip and love the idea of Scuba diving although I've never tried it before. Is it suitable for complete novices or would I be best to stay on the boat ??

What do you reckon ?

Pete ...........

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Frank

I'm on this trip as well. I think I'm going to stick to the snorkling for this one, but you may find others who fancy joining you in the deep. When I last asked there were 14 of us booked but it's still early days. If you have a look through the other posts there was one from our tour manager Sarah Wrightson who has offered some advice for us re packing.

See you in just under five months.

Sally

Frankw
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'zztop27' wrote:

I'm booked on this trip and love the idea of Scuba diving although I've never tried it before. Is it suitable for complete novices or would I be best to stay on the boat ??

What do you reckon ?

Pete ...........

Hi Pete

You really need training for Scuba diving with a Padi instructor which will be available in Cairns but I am not sure you would have time.I am still a novice but I needed to do a 3 day pool course while on holiday in Dubai before the sea dive.Hey snorkeling will be great fun and as you need to scuba in pairs I may end up snorkeling anyway.Cheers Frank

Frankw
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'sallyc' wrote:

Hi Frank

I'm on this trip as well. I think I'm going to stick to the snorkling for this one, but you may find others who fancy joining you in the deep. When I last asked there were 14 of us booked but it's still early days. If you have a look through the other posts there was one from our tour manager Sarah Wrightson who has offered some advice for us re packing.

See you in just under five months.

Sally

Hi Sally

I am sure it will be superb snorkeling on the reef. You need to scuba in pairs so I may end up snorkeling as well. I know its 5 months but I'm excited already!

Look forward to seeing you

Cheers Frank

zztop27
(Member)
Sally/Frank, thanks for the updates.

See you in October !!

Pete ................

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi guys

Latest figures show 19 of us now. A colleague of mine has just returned from a long trip to Oz including Perth, Ayres Rock, Cairns & Sydney and he has brought back lots of leaflets and other info for me so if you have any queries let me know.

Only 4 months 5 days to go..............!

Sally

margaretscotland
(Member)
Hi

Booked the trip to Australia this October. Very nervous as this is the first time I have travelled myself. Is anybody going this trip leaving from Glasgow

Cheers

Margaret

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Margaret

Welcome to the forum, I'm glad to hear that you have also booked what should be an amazing trip to Oz. It's natural to be nervous, but I can guarantee that you won't regret it for a single moment. In fact, once you meet up with us all at Heathrow, I'm sure you will wonder what on earth you were worried about. I live close to Heathrow which makes my journey to the airport a lot easier than I'm sure yours will be, but it will be well worth it. I'm sure Frank, Pete and myself will be posting more messages between now and October, hopefully some of the others in our group will also join in - it's always a lot easier getting through the initial meeting at the airport when you've been chatting online for a while. In the meantime, if you have any questions, I'm sure we, or any other of the great people on the forum would be happy to help.

Roll on October!

Sally

zztop27
(Member)
Agreed. Should be great and all the reviews and tips on the JY site have been very positive. I renewed my wife's passport recently and took the opportunity to get my entry Visa on the Australian web site. Very easy and all confirmed in a couple of minutes so I feel I'm almost on the plane but still a while to go..

Hi Margaret

Welcome to the forum, I'm glad to hear that you have also booked what should be an amazing trip to Oz. It's natural to be nervous, but I can guarantee that you won't regret it for a single moment. In fact, once you meet up with us all at Heathrow, I'm sure you will wonder what on earth you were worried about. I live close to Heathrow which makes my journey to the airport a lot easier than I'm sure yours will be, but it will be well worth it. I'm sure Frank, Pete and myself will be posting more messages between now and October, hopefully some of the others in our group will also join in - it's always a lot easier getting through the initial meeting at the airport when you've been chatting online for a while. In the meantime, if you have any questions, I'm sure we, or any other of the great people on the forum would be happy to help.

Roll on October!

Sally

margaretscotland
(Member)
'sallyc' wrote:

Hi Margaret

Roll on October!

Sally

Hi Sally

I'm looking forward to meeting everybody at Heathrow. Getting more excited every day as it is going to be such an adventure to visit Australia. I'm sure yourself, Frank, Pete and any other fellow traveller will have a lot more to talk about once we get more information nearer the time

Margaret

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello All...

I have done Australia but not with JY so if you have any questions please feel free to ask. I had a fantastic holiday,loved the country and loved the people AYRES ROCK was just my dream....loved it and I did helo ride over the Rock .amazing..

Cindy

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi guys

My bank account is looking strangely empty now - and I don't regret it for a single minute!

I've had a look at the potential excursions on offer (Ask Your Editor post from Olly on 11/08/11) and like the look of pretty much all of them.

Last time I asked the numbers remained at 22 (13 ladies, 9 men) which is a great sized group.

Less than 8 weeks to go now and I'm really getting excited. Is it too soon to start packing............?! ;)

Sally

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Less than three weeks to go now. The tickets and final itinerary arrived today - it looks like the numbers have stayed at 23 (including the tour manager) which is a great size group.

So excited now - I'm counting down the days!