dez7
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I've just registered on the site after a recommendation from a friend. I was considering different options for holidays this year after splitting up with my partner in December. The last two years have been spent in Mexico (Yucatan peninsula) in a Rio Palace resort. I tend not to go to the same place twice but Mexico was amazing so made an exception. One of the things i really enjoyed about Mexico was that it was mostly non Brits in the resort. Before you all hit the ceiling, i have nothing against us Brits i just enjoyed the different cultures, discussions, experiences of the Americans, Canadians... I just wondered if anyone had experienced the same and could suggest a holiday destination with this in mind? These days i enjoy active and non active holidays. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
DEZ...

First of all welcome, but I am not quite sure how to answer your question, or how to recommend a destination. I have done 2 short haul, and 4 Long haul tours, with Tuscany booked soon and NZ next year. To be honest some of the tours IE USA are very hectic, and you don't get much chance on a personal level to get to know the LOCAL'S that much, you do sort of stick to the tour groups as you are on the go sight seeing most of the time. The only beach part holiday I have done was the extension add on after the Kenyan Safari, but even then we did not interact to much with the local's then either. so think that is my answer. If I can help with another question I might be able to help you more.

Cindy