dianejan
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
:cool:Hi I would love to visit Venice but I am not sure which holiday to go on had a look at Classic Cities of Italy but three hotels over 8 days is a lot of unpacking.Venice & the Lagoon is only February. New one Venice & Villas looks nice but you are only in Venice one day.Venetian river cruise only goes from Gatwick. Would appreciate any help.

Di x

JR
  • (Member)
(Member)
I did the Venetian River cruise last year,it was excellent even though it didn't go down the River Po.The ship & staff were very friendly, the food first class.Walking distance from St Marks Square,Doges Palace etc.The only drawback-I would have liked more than six days.Gatwick is great for me as I live near but there are many hotels & B & B's nearby.
Paula72
(Member)
Hi,just joined the site,really considering travelling with this company to Venice.I was also thinking of what tour to go on as you have said yourself.I am still a little nervous of traveling on my own .how do you find it?
dianejan
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Paula72' wrote:

Hi,just joined the site,really considering travelling with this company to Venice.I was also thinking of what tour to go on as you have said yourself.I am still a little nervous of traveling on my own .how do you find it?

Hi Paula

The first time i went on holiday on my own was not with a singles holiday and the first night I thought what on earth am I doing here!!! After that I had a great time and people do speak to you I went to Malta it was really safe to wonder round on your own.I have been on quite a few Just you holidays I think you have to pick somewhere you would really like to go and check all the testimonials of the place. Just booked Costa De la Luz going in June. Still thinking about Venice. The reason I go with Just you is mainly having someone to sit with for meals and who are not couples.

My friends say to me 'aren't you brave I would love to do that' while they stay at home and I am seeing new places and meeting new friends.Paula honestly book a holiday you won't be sorry.Any more questions please ask.x

Di

Paula72
(Member)
Hi, I know I am a bit late getting back on here but had problems with logging in. Got the new 2014/2015 supplement at the weekend and really thinking of booking.As you say not that long in Venice.I am torn between the classic cities of Italy,Venice & Villas and Venetion river cruise tours,but that is only 6 days.So most probably one of the first two as 8 days also the option to fly from your local airport.(Manchester)

Di thankyou for your advice it has helped me make up my mind to take the leap I have thought about it for a whlie so new year and just book it.I do enjoy travel and I have missed not having a holiday in the last year.

Thanx for the advice

Paula x 🙂

lesley07
(Member)
'Paula72' wrote:

Hi, I know I am a bit late getting back on here but had problems with logging in. Got the new 2014/2015 supplement at the weekend and really thinking of booking.As you say not that long in Venice.I am torn between the classic cities of Italy,Venice & Villas and Venetion river cruise tours,but that is only 6 days.So most probably one of the first two as 8 days also the option to fly from your local airport.(Manchester)

Di thankyou for your advice it has helped me make up my mind to take the leap I have thought about it for a whlie so new year and just book it.I do enjoy travel and I have missed not having a holiday in the last year.

Thanx for the advice

Paula x :)

Hi

Have been to Italy a number of times and spent three week long holidays in Venice. There is so much to see and do that you will only scratch the surface in a day. Have read the details of the three options you mention and my advice would be to try the classic cities trip.

Hope this helps

Lesley

dianejan
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Paula glad you are thinking about booking. I have just booked Catalonia and Barcelona in June as it is eight days and from my local airport which helps a lot I can even get the bus there!! Italy is lovely and Costa De La Luz was a brilliant holiday laughed all week, great for a first time holiday. You have to book a place where you have always wanted to visit. let me know if you have booked.

Di x