bigbabs
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am sooooooooo excited, just booked America's Golden West for September 19th. This is a trip of a lifetime for me and was thrilled to discover "Justyou" Be nice to say hi to fellow travellers as feeling a bit nervous!

Barbara x

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Barbara,

I did this holiday for my first JY trip last year and you've made a excellent choice, you see so much and its great fun. Its very hectic with some early starts in the morning but its well worth it to get everything in.

Mick.

Sue2
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have done this trip and its great but as the other reply said quite hectic. There are a couple of quite long traveling days. I liked it so much I have considered going again somtime. If you can, do the helicopter over the Canyon its amazing
LynnR
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Barbara, Hey you have made my day. I am booked on this and have been since last year. I have been waiting to communicate with a fellow female. Yippee. This is my first time, a little nervous, but like you soooooooo looking forward to it. I would love to hear from you. Where are you travelling from?
bigbabs
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'LynnR' wrote:

Hi Barbara, Hey you have made my day. I am booked on this and have been since last year. I have been waiting to communicate with a fellow female. Yippee. This is my first time, a little nervous, but like you soooooooo looking forward to it. I would love to hear from you. Where are you travelling from?

bigbabs
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Lynn

This is great, it is so brilliant, I can't actually believe I've booked and going, it is the trip of a lifetime for me as I've always wanted to go. I live in Aberdeen but am from the Wirral, 58 and rarin' to go!!

Barbara

x

LynnR
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Barbara, lived just outside the Wirral in Ellesemere Port with my uncle for a year and worked in Birkenhead. I feel the same as you. Hopefully, fingers crossed we will all meet up at Heathrow, I am from the New Forest, near Southampton. 🙂
bigbabs
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'LynnR' wrote:

Hi Barbara, lived just outside the Wirral in Ellesemere Port with my uncle for a year and worked in Birkenhead. I feel the same as you. Hopefully, fingers crossed we will all meet up at Heathrow, I am from the New Forest, near Southampton. :)

bigbabs
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Lynn

Ellesmere Port is exactly where I'm from - went to Ellesmere Port Grammar School and worked at Shell (many moons ago!). Have you found any more folk going - when I booked they said there was 15 of us so far booked..

Babs

x

LynnR
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hey Barbara, I am in contact with Colin who is travelling from Newcastle, but no one else boo hoo. Hey my uncle worked at the Vauxhall factory and my cousin still lives in Ellesemere Port (Sutton Way). Loved it up there.Sooooo looking forward to meeting up with you and all my fellow single travellers. 🙂 xx Lynn
lesley07
(Member)

Hi Babs

I am considering doing this trip. Will also be travelling from Scotland as I live in Motherwell near Glasgow. If I go, this will be my second JU holiday. Went to China last year and had a great time. Group were very friendly and holiday was very well organised and good value ror money.

Lesley

Sharon13
(Member)
Hi Barbara, I've finally been brave enough to book this trip too - I'm really looking forward to it but nervous as well !!!

Sharon x

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)
'bigbabs' wrote:

I am sooooooooo excited, just booked America's Golden West for September 19th. This is a trip of a lifetime for me and was thrilled to discover "Justyou" Be nice to say hi to fellow travellers as feeling a bit nervous!

Barbara x

Hi Barbara.

I am also booked on the trip on the 19th Sept 2011. I live in Dundee.

I am sure we will have a great time,

Edna

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)
'LynnR' wrote:

Hi Lynn,

I am also going on this trip on the 19th Sept 2011. Like you I have not been on a JY holiday. I have also sent a message to Barbara. I will be travelling from Edinburgh although I live in Dundee, to Heathrow.

Hope to hear from you.

Edna

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)
'lesley07' wrote:

Hi Babs

I am considering doing this trip. Will also be travelling from Scotland as I live in Motherwell near Glasgow. If I go, this will be my second JU holiday. Went to China last year and had a great time. Group were very friendly and holiday was very well organised and good value ror money.

Lesley

Hi Lesley,

I am going on the same trip. I have been booked since last year. I will be flying from Edinburgh to Heathrow. I live in Dundee, Hope you can come.

Edna

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Sharon13' wrote:

Hi Barbara, I've finally been brave enough to book this trip too - I'm really looking forward to it but nervous as well !!!

Sharon x

Hi Sharon,

I have been booked on this trip since last year. I'm sure we will have a ball. I live in Dundee in Scotland and will be travelling from Edinburgh to Heathrow.

Hope to hear from you.

Edna

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)
:)

Hi all,

I'm Edna and booked on this trip on the 19th Sept. I live in Dundee in Scotland and will be travelling to Heathrow for the flight. Looking forward very much will be a ball.

Edna

xxx

LynnR
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi to Edna, Sharon, Lesley, Barbara and of course Colin, hopefully the six of us can all meet up at the airport before we fly. Yippee, glad that I have booked and we are all in contact. It is so nice that you get to know your fellow passengers before flying off. Hope to hear from you again

Lynn x

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)
'LynnR' wrote:

Hi to Edna, Sharon, Lesley, Barbara and of course Colin, hopefully the six of us can all meet up at the airport before we fly. Yippee, glad that I have booked and we are all in contact. It is so nice that you get to know your fellow passengers before flying off. Hope to hear from you again

Lynn x

[

Hi all,

I believe we are now a party of 17.

Edna

TommiR8
(Member)
'bigbabs' wrote:

Barbara x

Hello....

I guess with the "golden west" you are going to San Francisco.

if you do.....You MUST have a "fishwich" and also go the Miur woods (i think thats the correct spelling) its a very very beautiful place!.

if you have time, make sure to go on a bay cruise around that infamous island! It gives you a seriously seriously bizzare feeling!! Even my dad was freaked out buy going past it!.

Also be sure to grab a handful of "salt water taffy" delicious!