ktlou
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi There

I have booked this holiday from the 18 November and although very excited am also a bit nervous (as it is my first ever single holiday), it was a present to myself for my 30th birthday! so was wondering if anyone else had booked this trip? Look forward to hearing from you.

Kate :o)

vegas
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi kate

my name is kim and i am booked on the americas golden west tour on the 18th november, as i have been on a just you holiday before, i can assure you that you will have a fun packed holiday. Look forward to meeting you at the airport,

Tony tiger
(Member)
Hi all ..

I havent done this thing before but am so tempted to give this a whirl,

with so many activities to do and sights to see.

If i go i too would be travelling alone but would be happy to chat with those

who wanted to chat and happy to give people their own space too as

im not an "in your face" kinda character..

Id like to hear the views of people who have done this trip

ktlou
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Kim

Thanks for the message, i was beginning to think i was the only one going! i cant wait now im really excited, which airport are you going from? i'm going from Manchester as its nearer.

Kate

kimann
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi kate

Sorry but i am flying from Heathrow as i only live an hour from the airport, never mind we will probably meet on holiday which cannot come quick enough for me. Don't worry i am sure you will have a fantastic holiday, i have on every just you trip.

Tony tiger
(Member)
Hi .. i too (if i book) will be planning on flying from manchester. I have never visited the USA so prefer to do this than go on my lonesome ..

Once i get aquainted with america then i may/ may not travel indepently in the future.

For the record ( not that it matters) i am 33 years of age.

ktloo
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Tony

Yes i booked because i wanted to travel around America, i have been before but when i was very young! You should definately go for it, i know its a bit scary, i felt the same way, but now that i've booked it i can't wait!

Let me know if you do.

Kate

Tony tiger
(Member)
I appreciate the speedy reply Kate,

will keep you informed on my intentions one

way or the other..

San Francisco and Vegas look like the highlights for me .. always wanted to go!

Regards Tony!!

Vicky Rose
(Member)
I am also booked on this holiday and feeling pretty nervous about going alone but good to hear there are also people in their 30's, I'm 38. Anyone planning to visit Alcatraz on the first day in the afternoon rather than going on the Bay cruise tour ? I don't know whether to pre-book a ticket or just organise one when I'm out there.
ktloo
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Vicky

I had thought about going to Alcatraz, but wasn't sure if there was enough time! Have always wanted to go though. I do know that you would have to pre-book though, as my sister has been and had to book about a month in advance!

Which airport are you going from?

Looking forward to meeting you

Kate

Vicky Rose
(Member)
Hi Katie -

I'm going to try and get some more info about timings and Alcatraz, I will let you know. I'd like to try and do it if I can.

I'm flying from Heathrow and am doing the pre-holiday get together and overnight stay the night before. Will save a rush to the airport on the day and I get to meet some of the others before I go.

Vicky Rose
(Member)
Hi Katie, just to let you know that I couldn't get much more info about Alcatraz, except that sailing times seem to be limited to the mornings at that time of Year. It would all be a bit of a rush anyway so I will do the Bay cruise trip instead. See you on the Holiday.
imax
  • (Member)
(Member)
All you lucky people going on the Golden West holiday, I did this tour two years ago and it was the best holiday I have ever had, San Francisco and Las Vegas were my favorite places ,but all the holiday was super the tour guide was Brilliant and very friendlly. I will be going with Just You again in 2008 for sure. Glenn