millrythe
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I also am booked on this holiday (leaving Sept 23) and like margaret am a 'Newbie'.I am really excited but at the same time nerves are beginning to kick in!! It will be so helpful to be able to ask advise of others who have already had these experiences. Jenny
magaret.page
(Member)
HI Jenny, Glad to hear that another newbie has booked this tour. Have you also booked the pre flight get together? Like you I'm both excited and nervous but I'm sure we will have a great time once there. Hear from you soon

jacqueline h
(Guest)
Hi Jenny and Margaret,

I too am booked on the America Gold West and Hawaii tour for September, although this is my 3rd JY holiday. Since I'm coming down from Scotland I'm hoping to book for the pre-tour get together on Monday 22nd as well. As always I'm eagerly looking forward to this holiday and am counting the days!

Look forward to meeting both!

Jacqueline

magaret.page
(Member)
Hi Jacqueline, Am a fellow Scot although have lived south of the border since 1969, now have southern accent! where are you coming from? You sound like a seasoned traveller with JY.

Margaret

jacqueline h
(Guest)
Hi Margaret,

I'm from the South West of Scotland and will have to travel approx 80 miles to get to Glasgow to fly to Heathrow. I've travelled with JY to Thailand (large group of approx. 40 people)and to Nepal (small group of about 15 people, both holidays were great fun and I would recommend them to anyone who asked. I know when I did my first JY it was really nerve wracking travelling all the way down from Scotland on my own but by the time I'd joined the check in queue I'd met other JY travellers and we were getting along great and all looking forward to the holiday ahead. Once you realise everyone else is as nervous as you are they (the nerves!)seem to disappear and from then on its all about enjoying yourself and having the best time.

Best wishes

Jacqueline

Jacqueline

lancashirelass
(Member)
Hi, I'm going on this tour in September. It has always been my dream to go Hawaiian and I can't wait! This will be my second JY holiday as I'm doing

Eastern Europe in June/July as well. I'm not single really but have a husband who won't go on holiday so after waiting 30 years I set off 8 years ago on my own and have been to many places. Looking forward to the companionship of a singles holiday but hope it doesn't turn out to be a dating agency as despite my awkward husband I've had him for 36 years and really don't want to swap him!! Anyone out there who can put my mind at rest please?

Pat

TracyW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Everyone,

I am also going on this tour in Sept (40th Birthday treat). This will be my first trip with JY, like most others i am nervous but really looking forward to it and to meeting you all.

Tracy

magaret.page
(Member)
Hi tracy, like yourself am first timer with JY am also nervous but now cant wait to get going. Looking forward to meeting you at either the get together or at airport.

Margaret

SharonC
(Member)
I am also booked on this trip and it's my first JY holiday. Must admit to being a little nervous but sounds like a pretty exciting trip.

Sharon C

Barbara1
(Member)
Hi everyone!

My first trip with JY and really excited about it! Can't make the evening get together on Monday. Coming down from Newcastle on the Tuesday morning and look forward to meeting you all at check-in! Barbara