Nik
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I'm considering booking for the Golden West Tour in Nov '08, it would be my first singles holiday. I just wanted to get some feedback off other people who are already booked and people who have already been, as to what the tour's like, what's it like travelling with new people and the age range? I'll be 29 at the time of travelling.

I'd be grateful for all your input.

Thanks

Nicola

JayneS
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Nik.

I'm booked on this holiday, it will also be my first JY trip and am very much looking forward to it.

Nik
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jayne

I have booked the holiday and I'm really excited about it. I've also booked the pre holiday get together at the hotel at Heathrow.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Nik

REYNO
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Nik Jayne,I am also booked for the Golden West holiday NOV 17. I am a 68 year widower and this will be my first solo holiday.Feeling a bit nervous about the age thing but am sure we will all get along fine. Looking forward to meeting you all. John (reyno)

Paul
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Everybody

This will be my first Just You holiday and I am looking forward to meeting you all.

Paul

Nik
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I'm so excited I'm counting down - 17 weeks and 3 days!!!

Nik

REYNO
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Paul Thank God you posted your message, was begining to think I was the only bloke on the tour.That would have been fine forty years ago but these days Im quite happy with a bacon sandwich....such is life.John ( reyno )

JayneS
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi to all of you. I think we are all looking forward to it and I am sure it doesn't matter what age we are, we will all get on well. I have looked up some of the hotels on the Internet just to find out a bit more about where we're staying - the Vegas one in particular looks fab!

Jayne

Paul
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi John and everybody else

I am sure we will all have a great holiday. This will be my first JY holiday and I am looking forward to visiting the West Coast of America. Has anybody given any thought yet to some of the optional trips that are likely to be available? I would like to take the 3 in 1 helicopter trip over the Grand Canyon. Glad we are communicating so soon. Paul

REYNO
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Paul and everyone my daughter has done the helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon and says it was a once in a lifetime experience and well worth the cost some of the film they took was out of this world its somthing i intend to do on the holiday, P S Thanks for the reply J OH
Debs82
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi everybody

This will also be my first JY holiday and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm counting down the weeks too!! I'll be 26 at the time of travelling. I'm flying from Manchester, so I'll hopefully meet up with some of you at the airport. I'm looking forward to meeting everybody. I too would love to do one of the Grand Canyon trips and also the helicopter flight over the Las Vegas strip at night. I bet that's an amazing view. I think all the excursions sound great and I can't wait to take lots of photos. I hope there will be one or two brave people that will go on the Big Shot at the Stratosphere with me!!

Debs

JayneS
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello again to everyone.

I have been looking at the optional excursions but cannot make up my mind yet. It's just nice to have something to look forward to though. By the way, am I the only one flying over from Manchester?

Jayne

Nik
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone.

I'm definately going to do one of the helicopter trips over the grand canyon. I also want to do the harbour cruise in San Francisco. I've been looking at the hotels also, and I agree Jayne, the vegas one looks great!! Is anyone else going to the pre get together at Heathrow airport the night before? I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. I'll be 29 at the time of travelling but the age range isn't an issue for me, I think it makes it more interesting.

See you guys soon!

Nik

Paul
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi everyone

I am flying from Heathrow but cannot do the overnight stay. Glad to hear all your thoughts about the trips and to know how much you are all looking forward to things. I am sure there will be takers for the Big Shot but personally must own up in advance by admiting I will not brave enough as that is some ride!

Paul

REYNO
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Debs And everybody. Cant promis i will do the big shot but can promise a big clap and the drink of your choice for mind boggling bravery John
JayneS
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello everyone again.

Debs - Am not sure whether I'm brave enough to take on the Stratosphere's Big Shot, but who knows? Will no doubt depend on how I feel at the time! However, am sure there will be plenty of people willing to join you.

I have to say everyone I've talked to who has previously been to the West Coast USA, only have good things to report, just cannot wait, the nearer it gets, the better!

Jayne

JayneS
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi again! Did anyone else see the Thrill Rides programme on Sky midweek? It featured Vegas and the Big Shot at the Stratosphere, among many other exciting things that people do there. Don't think I'm that brave!
Nik
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I saw it and there is no way I'm going on the Big Shot, ha ha! Have you seen the other rides? One holds you over the edge of the tower,it makes me ill looking at it. I'll go up and check them out, but i'm just not brave enough to go on them I'm afraid.

Only 14 weeks to go!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Paul
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jane

I saw the programme and it confirmed my worse fears about the Big Shot, so I am with you. However, the helecopter trips in Vegas and to the Canyon looked great (and less sedate !) and I hope there will be takers for these.

Paul

Paul
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Jayne, Nik and everybody.

Thought you would be interested to know I have establised that our tour manager will be JULIE TOMNEY - she has apparantly done Las Vegas & Los Angeles before but not this exact tour.

The date for our final payment is fast approaching so this definately must mean we are getting closer!

regards