JayneS
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello to everyone again.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who isn't brave enough to do the Big Shot! Was good to get a look at it in advance though and be able to see exactly what's involved. Think I'll be with Nik and Paul and stick to the more sedate things on offer! However, I will enjoy cheering on everyone who is brave enough to do the Big Shot!

I just cannot wait for November, know I shouldn't wish my life away, but.....oh well, better get back to work!

Jayne

Debs82
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello everybody again

I can't believe how close it is now. It doesn't seem that long ago since I booked!! I'm really looking forward to it. I can't wait to see the Grand Canyon and the Las Vegas strip at night. I've never been in a helicopter before so I'd really like to do those trips. I've seen lots of clips of Las Vegas on TV and I can't wait to see it in person. I'm also looking forward to visiting Universal Studios in LA. You never know who we might bump into!! By the way, is anybody else flying from Manchester?

Debs

JayneS
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello again!

I'm on countdown too! Just 12 weeks away now, yahoo!

Debs - I'm flying from Manchester aswell.

Jayne

Nik
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone

Only 12 weeks to go, how exciting!!!! Out of interest, how is everyone taking dollars? I was thinking cash and travellers cheques??

I'm really looking forward to meeting you all!!!

Nik

REYNO
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Nik and everyone, I think taking a limited amount of cash and the rest in travellers cheques is the safer bet at least if the worst happens you dont lose everything.Cant wait to meet you all 12 weeks and counting !!!! John

Paul
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Nik and everybody.

I am going to take some dollars and a Travel Money Card (you can get one from the PO and banks do them). You can preload it with US dollars and then use it in the same way as a normal debit card to buy against but it is safer as it is not linked to your personal bank account. The spend limit is determined by how many dollars you put on it. You can also use it to obtain cash against using a card machine (you can set your own PIN) and top it up from abroad if required. Saves signing cheques.

Regards

Paul

JayneS
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello everyone again.

Yes, its definitely getting more exciting, the nearer we get to going! It seems I'm not the only one thinking about what to do as far as travel money is concerned. Think I will look into the travel money card idea though, sounds useful.

Jayne

JayneS
  • (Member)
(Member)
Only 11 weeks to go now, yahoo!
Nik
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone!!

Even though today is my 29th birthday, all I can think about is my holiday, ha ha!!! Only 9 weeks and 5 days to go!!!

JayneS
  • (Member)
(Member)
Nik

I hope you had a very Happy Birthday! Not long to go now is it?

Jayne

Paul
  • (Member)
(Member)
My remaining payment balance has now been taken so not long now.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Paul

Nik
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all

I confirmed with Just You this morning that the final balance has been paid, which means not long to go, 7 weeks and 6 days!!!

I can't wait!!!!

Nik

JayneS
  • (Member)
(Member)
Yes, only 8 weeks now! I too am looking forward to meeting you all.

Jayne

Dancingbob
(Member)
Hi all. My name is Robert and I am on my first JY holiday. 61 years old and live in Gloucestershire, flying out from Manchester. Do we have any other dancers on this trip? Ceroc or Jive? Look forward to meeting you.

Robert

JayneS
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello again, getting nearer now, only 6 weeks! I am very much looking forward to meeting you all.

Robert - I don't do ceroc or jive but will no doubt see you at Manchester.

Lin -2-
(Member)
Hello everyone,

I have enjoyed reading your messages. Am also a bit nervous of travelling with a group for the first time - from Heathrow

Have never done scary rides but enjoy swimming and the gym – just hope pools will be heated!!

Looking forward to your company on the trip

Linda

Nik
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello all!!

A friend of mine has just come back from Las Vegas, he said make sure you take a spare suitcase as everything is especially cheap!! For the best shopping he said to go to Planet Hollywood and Caesars Palace, apparantly they have the best price shopping malls!!!

Well I'm extremely excited and I'm really looking forward to meeting you all!

Nik

REYNO
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Everyone,We are all travelling solo for one reason or other and on this level playground there is no reason that with a little give and take between us we cant make this a holiday full of fun and fond memories Looking forward to meeting you all John
JayneS
  • (Member)
(Member)
I agree with John (Reyno)and have no doubt we can all look forward to a great time. Only 5 weeks to go now - I am very much looking forward to meeting you all.

Jayne

REYNO
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Everyone Went to a James Blunt concert on tuesday at the NIA BRUM It was fab if you get the chance to go take it promis no regrets.Well only five weeks before the fun starts looking forward to meeting you all John