Reyc1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello, am travelling to Vietnam this month and just wondered how much Dong I need to take, have remembered from a previous trip to Thailand I need to factor in tips, any advice gratefully received, kind regards Chris
Helen22
(Newbie)
Originally Posted by: Reyc1 

Hello, am travelling to Vietnam this month and just wondered how much Dong I need to take, have remembered from a previous trip to Thailand I need to factor in tips, any advice gratefully received, kind regards Chris

hi Chris, I'm also going to Vietnam next month and would be interested to know about taking dong or US dollars. Can anyone give advice re tipping etc?
catherinecollingwood1205@gmail.com
(Newbie)
Hello,  

I have never been to Vietnam, but I have visited Asia before and I am doing this trip too.  There is a fantastic review in the review section which gives some excellent advice on costs and spending.  I have also looked on the gov.uk information which gives some good guidelines.  It seems that there are plenty of ATMs whilst out there, debit and credit cards are also used in cities, so I have decided to take only enough to meet my needs for a few days.  Of course this still amounts to a few million dong!  

Catherine

TONYPLATT1
(Member)
Hi Helen. I looked online for information about which currency to take and although dollars are accepted the general advice seemed to be to take dong, especially if travelling to any rural areas. If u use dollars u will of course get your change in dong.  As far as tipping is concerned our tour rep will be able to advise you on what is acceptable.  Tony