BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Gwyn,

You should move to Ireland! The primary school holidays are from the end of June till the end of August and the secondary school hols are from early June to the end of August (unless you're involved in state exams)!

I do realise that this post has not helped you one bit, apologies!!

Cheers,

Bob

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Will,

Looking forward to May and the new catalogue. Love the idea of the Christmas markets and hopefully Morocco.

Know Toronto well due to family, I do remember one of the threads was about Nova Scotia which is on my bucket list.

Now I have been made redundant, I have the opportunity to travel more- shame I get no money as I am 2 months short of getting redundancy money. Any jobs going ?

Jan.

Yve
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JY wrote:

Hi all,

I'm having a session with some of my colleagues in the next couple of weeks to see how we are progressing with reseraching new holidays. Hopefully we will have a good idea by then as to what we might see going into the new brochure in the spring.

As always, feel free to mention any new ideas you may have!

Hi Will

It is obvious that JY take a lot of trouble to research all the destinations on offer having had some wonderful holiday experiences over the past few years. One destination that intrigues me is the Kingdom of Bhutan which I know currently has restrictions on it's number of visitors. Perhaps one for the future?

Yve

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
In terms of Europe, Montenegro and more holidays in France. I think JY does a good job on the whole, but ive been canvassing for a while for Montenegro haha.

Mark

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
And more holidays in Easter and Summer holidays!!
AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Will

I'm sure the Polar Bears are safe - I know JY wouldn't go anywhere that would be risky - I'm just a big wuss!!

I had another idea after watching an excellent documentary on BBC2 last week - could you give some thought to Easter Island? I know you already go to Chile and there are daily flights from there (apparently its about five hours). It sounds like you would need at least four nights on the Island to see and appreciate it all.

I, for one, would be really interested in Easter Island - it looks amazing! Perhaps another one to add to your 'To Do' list??

All the best

Mandy

JY Will
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'marks' wrote:

In terms of Europe, Montenegro and more holidays in France. I think JY does a good job on the whole, but ive been canvassing for a while for Montenegro haha.

Mark

We're looking at Montenegro and surrounding areas. Flights are one of the biggest issues for us to that area though.

JY Will
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Yve' wrote:

'JY wrote:

Hi all,

I'm having a session with some of my colleagues in the next couple of weeks to see how we are progressing with reseraching new holidays. Hopefully we will have a good idea by then as to what we might see going into the new brochure in the spring.

As always, feel free to mention any new ideas you may have!

Hi Will

It is obvious that JY take a lot of trouble to research all the destinations on offer having had some wonderful holiday experiences over the past few years. One destination that intrigues me is the Kingdom of Bhutan which I know currently has restrictions on it's number of visitors. Perhaps one for the future?

Yve

It's somewhere we are monitoring - it won't happen this year but may well happen in the future

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Will, thanks for your quick response.

I know Travelsphere do a combo trip with Montenegro/Albania/Bosnia-Herzegovina but they used to do Montenegro with the same hotel for 8 days.

Thanks

Puer aeternus
(Member)
Have the Scilly Isles ever been considered, for a long weekend or short break? as well as Jersey and Guernsey, I'm sure the CI would be popular.
JY Will
(Member) (Topic Starter)
it's not something we have looked at for a little while - interesting idea though
AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Will

Was your 9.37am answer today in response to the request for the Scilly Isles, the Channel Islands, Easter Island or Nova Scotia?

Come to think of it....we seem to have a bit of a theme developing here..........

Mandy

JY Will
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Avocet64
(Member)
Hi Will

I'm itching to book a long haul holiday for September/October and I am wondering if you have set the actual date for the release of the new May brochure yet. Since 2005 I have been lucky enough to have achieved all my "must do" holidays plus others, so I am really hoping there will be something new that will grab my attention.

While I don't think for one minute you will be willing to tell us any of the new destinations (although little hints would be nice if you feel that way inclined) I am wondering if there will be anything heading east other than Europe or maybe South America way, I'm not a fan of the US so that doesn't really interest me, although I have done NPs, Mount Rushmore and LBH.

I've got a "reserve" holiday in mind but I'm holding back for the new brochure to see what's on offer.

Many thanks

Avocet

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Avocet,

The new brochure will begin mailing to customers the week commencing 12th May, we are hoping that all of the new tours featured will be available online as Mr(s) postman makes their delivery.

There are a number of new tours in the brochure - I'll ask Will to see if he will consider starting a new thread closer to the launch date with some photos of the new holidays like he has done in the past....

Kindest regards,

Julia

JY Will
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I don't see why not...!

Avocet - when you say you are looking to book for Sep/Oct - are you talking about this year or next?

Avocet64
(Member)
'JY wrote:

I don't see why not...!

Avocet - when you say you are looking to book for Sep/Oct - are you talking about this year or next?

Hello Will

Sorry, I was talking about this year, 2014.

Kind regards

Avocet

Avocet64
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Avocet,

The new brochure will begin mailing to customers the week commencing 12th May, we are hoping that all of the new tours featured will be available online as Mr(s) postman makes their delivery.

There are a number of new tours in the brochure - I'll ask Will to see if he will consider starting a new thread closer to the launch date with some photos of the new holidays like he has done in the past....

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks for your help as always Julia, I will be looking forward to 12th May with great interest, hope I'm in the first batch to be sent out and don't have to wait while everyone else is saying they've already got theirs.

Best wishes

Avocet

JY Will
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Avocet64' wrote:

'JY wrote:

I don't see why not...!

Hello Will

Sorry, I was talking about this year, 2014.

Kind regards

Avocet

Just so you know, any new tours will be for 2015 onwards. Hope that helps with your decision making!

Bosuncat
(Member)
So no new tours for this year then Will?

Only checking because my holiday plans for end of September early October have fallen through so I will probably be going away on another JY Europe trip later on this year. I think I am going to hang on for a while and see what some of the early reviews come out like.

I really fancy Lisbon Coast but the one review we had up wasn't that clever. So I might turn either to Costa de la Luz (hoping for some late sunshine) or Sardinia if I can get time off in September.