shellnortheast
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Dear friends, I have been on a few trips but over the past year have gone dairy free. Next trips are booked for 2022 but wonder how any of you have managed on your trips with diet issues. Any hints or tips would be great. Many thanks from Shellnortheast
shellnortheast
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Rose1999' wrote:

I have to say that I think that dietary requirements are much better catered for in the UK than elsewhere, but let your TM know your requirements as soon as possible and they will do all they can to help cater for your requirements. Also if you're going somewhere where it's allowed then maybe take a few snacks etc just to be on the safe side. Have a great time on your travels. Rose

Many thanks Rose for the tips. Talking to the TM for departing if possible is a good idea. Snack are always a good  for any trip. Looking forward to new adventures from shellnortheast

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have travelled the world with JY over the years, being a vegetarian has not always been easy. When I book the tour I always state I am a vegetarian so it’s on the booking, so that the in flight meals are ordered for me..if you don’t have this on your booking I would suggest getting it put on there. I also do let the tour manager know ASAP, just in case it’s not on their records…

As Rose said if you can take some nibbles! I take cup a soups or those little pasta cup meals you can just add boiling water to…

Cindy

SueP365
(Member)
Hi

I have travelled with Just You for many years.  I am Lactose Intolerant, and therefore cannot have milk, cream and cheese.  Most hotels now seem to have soya milk, but sometimes you have to ask for it.  Buffett style meals are perfect because you can pick what you want.  for meals on the flights - I would suggest saying you are vegan.  I asked for diary free once and got a meal full of creamy sauce.