mikew
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I just thought that I would pass on some information to those people visiting Burma in 2017 and plan to apply for an e-visa. I applied for my own e-visa recently, and part of the process involves uploading a recent passport size photo of yourself.

The picture file needs to be in jpg format - if you try to upload a pdf format file (as I did!) it won't be accepted. A JY pal suggested changing the file format and that worked. So when you scan your photo, save it on your computer or laptop as a jpg file and it will load into the picture frame on the application form within a few seconds. The rest of the procedure is fairly straightforward.

Hope this helps to prevent an hour or so of frustration!

Cheers

Mike

Deb3
  • (Member)
(Member)
'mikew' wrote:

I just thought that I would pass on some information to those people visiting Burma in 2017 and plan to apply for an e-visa. I applied for my own e-visa recently, and part of the process involves uploading a recent passport size photo of yourself.

The picture file needs to be in jpg format - if you try to upload a pdf format file (as I did!) it won't be accepted. A JY pal suggested changing the file format and that worked. So when you scan your photo, save it on your computer or laptop as a jpg file and it will load into the picture frame on the application form within a few seconds. The rest of the procedure is fairly straightforward.

Hope this helps to prevent an hour or so of frustration!

Cheers

Mike

For those that aren't at all technically minded...I went along to the local photographers and instead of a photo, they just emailed me the image in jpeg format, not a problem.

Debbie

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Debbie

Unfortunately the local photographers where I went to have photo taken for Indian e-Visa last year would not email the image to me despite being charged £12 for the photos and subsequently I had a bit of a problem scanning the photo. I would never go back to them again!

Regards

Jaya