Carol J
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi there

I am looking to book the Mykonos/Santorini holiday in September and the flight is from Gatwick.

Would be getting the train into Kings Cross and making my way over to Gatwick for an overnight stay before flying.

I need to get to Gatwick from Kings Cross but need an OVERLAND train as unable to use the tube. Is this possible from Kings Cross?? Or would I have to make my way to another station??

Any advice much appreciated.

Carol

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi Carol

I'm not aware of direct trains from King's Cross to Gatwick. Have you tried Google as there might be a Thames link train or something similar. Alternatively, I think there is a train from St Pancras direct to Gatwick Airport.

Regards

Sylvia

IanWight
(Member)
Thameslink run from St Pancras International (next door to Kings Cross and easily walkable) to Gatwick. I can't guarantee that it does not go through the odd tunnel but it is not the tube. www.thameslinkrailway.com
katy1717
(Member)
Carol, you need to take the St Pancras Thameslink train. There are about 3/4 trains an hour that go to Gatwick. Check details on national rail or google St Pancras thameslink.

Katy.

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Carol

yes you can get a train from Kings Cross direct to Gatwick takes just under or just over the hour

http://www.thetrainline.com/train-times/london-kings-cross-to-gatwick-airport 

some info here to help you plan your trip

Regards

Dave

Annam
  • (Member)
(Member)
Carol

You can get a traing from St Pancreas (next door to Kings Cross) to Gatwick. Don't know how often they run but it takes about an hour or alternatively get tube (victoria line) from Kings Cross to Victoria (10 mins) and get Gatwick Express (every 15 mins) and takes 30 mins

Anna

TimH
  • (Member)
(Member)
I think you can get thameslink from st pancras to gatwick
rosehoward
(Member)
It is very simple. The Gatwick train goes from St Pancras which is next door to Kings Cross - you have an easy walk from one to the other. Enjoy your holiday
Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Carol,

If you go to the transport for London website - you can plan your journey from their. According to them you can catch the Metropolitan line from Kingscross to Farringdon Rail Station and then take the Thamselink towards Brighton to Gatwick Airport Rail Station. This I believe is all above ground.

Hope this helps

Kezzer

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Carol

You can get a train direct to Gatwick from either London Bridge or Victoria. From London Bridge it takes between 30mins to an hour, depending on whether you catch an all stations service or the once that just stops at East Croyden. You don't have to change.

From Victoria you have the choice of the Gatwick Express - more expensive but non stop in 30 mins or a Southern Train. Again, these take between 30-50 mins depending on if you get a stopper and go from platforms 15/16.

You'll need to find your way from Kings Cross to either station by bus or taxi if you don't use the tube. I'm afraid I can't tell you which one, but if you have a look at the 'Transport for London' website, you should find the details on there.

Have a great trip

Mandy

Toni2909
(Member)
I think you can get a train from St Pancras Internatioonal, which is adjoining Kings Cross.

Toni

Toni2909
(Member)
P.S. I just googled it, so you could do the same and check out the options?

Toni

Carol J
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Many thanks for your replies everyone. Looks like its Thameslink from St.Pancras.

Will visit their website and take a look.

Cheers me dears!!!

Carol

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Carol

I can confirm that the best option is Thameslink train from St Pancras to Gatwick. I use this line everyday to travel from Luton and also use it to get to Gatwick. I would avoid London Bridge at the moment due to heavy congestion. St Pancras is not far from Kings Cross - you can walk there easily.

Jaya

Carol J
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Carol

I can confirm that the best option is Thameslink train from St Pancras to Gatwick. I use this line everyday to travel from Luton and also use it to get to Gatwick. I would avoid London Bridge at the moment due to heavy congestion. St Pancras is not far from Kings Cross - you can walk there easily.

Jaya

Thanks Jaya:thumbup:

Carol J
(Member) (Topic Starter)