San01
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hey everyone I have booked to go walking in Malta & Gozo in September.  Anyone been that can advise on the best footwear?   I was just going to take trainers.  Any advice appreciated xx
Dyuti
  • (Member)
(Member)
'San01' wrote:

Hey everyone I have booked to go walking in Malta & Gozo in September.  Anyone been that can advise on the best footwear?   I was just going to take trainers.  Any advice appreciated xx

There are walking shoes available, try eBay. You don't need to wear socks, these shoes are light weight and it is like walking on a soft mattress, very comfortable. I would say far better than trainer s. 

Dyuti

SarahS
(Member)
Consider footwear with closed toes if you will be walking on stinky ground. There's nothing worse than suffering a badly stubbed toe.
SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi San01

I've been on several walking holidays with other companies. The advice is always if you are going on a walking holiday you should wear walking boots to protect the ankles on uneven ground. My first walking holiday was to Malta and Gozo where I wore my walking boots. Not sure where the JY holiday takes you, but I was glad I had walking boots. Trainers are only good for flat surfaces.

Regards

Sylvia

Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi San,

Personally I have a pair of walking trainers that I use (with socks) which I have used many times before and know will be fine. Normal trainers should also be okay. Lots of companies now sell walking sandals and most of the popular shoe brands do walking shoes and sandals some with memory foam which is wonderful. It really depends on the terrain you will be walking over...

The most important thing to do if you will be walking a lot, is the ensure that you break in any new shoes in before the holiday. There is nothing worse than being on a walking holiday with painful feet.

Good Luck

Kezzer

Jenny P
(Member)
I have been on many walking holidays with another company and having looked at the distance of walks on Malta, approx 6 miles, they would be considered 'easier' walks, especially as no specific warnings about rough terrain Therefore I don't think boots would be necessary, footwear should have a good tread/grip, but if not a regular walker, blisters may be a problem. Take some plasters and Compeed from the chemist to stop them if things start rubbing. I also find 2 pairs of thin socks help too, rather than one thick pair.

Enjoy

Jenny

San01
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks everyone, you've all been so helpful xx
Ehtisham
(Member)
There are numerous sorts of feet, and your action routine affects your feet. Individuals with flat feet and dynamic routine need to have shoes which are comfortable while they walk or run. This is the explanation in the event that you are among those individuals who have flat feet, you will battle to locate the ideal pair of best shoes for flat feet.

Best motion control walking shoes for flat feet should be as indicated by the plausibility of your feet. There are numerous individuals who overlook the way that the state of their feet matters a great deal. You have to focus on the comfort level of your feet.

Those shoes which are perfect furnishing your feet without hardly lifting a finger should be the best men's shoes for flat feet

RayG
  • (Member)
(Member)
All very good advice. Walking boots for rough terrain, comfortable trainers for decent tracks and footpaths. Even walking about an old city or town may present problems, like slippery cobbles or stone setts, if you don't have a good tread on your shoes (I found that out in Portugal with comfortable shoes but no tread, great on desert surfaces but not recommended on cobbles!). I too would not recommend sandals for even the shortest walk, as they are usually a loose fit and may cause severe rubbing of the feet.
mike_cesara
(Member)
I have an older pair of New Balance trail running shoes that I use all the time for hiking. I went to one of their stores and had them fitted properly with the correct insert for my foot. They have a very good tread and have held up extremely well after 5 years of use. You will probably be in the $180-$200 range if you need an insert.