BettyBoo
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am thinking of either one of these holidays for June 2016 assuming that Calabria 2016 will operate

using the alternative airport with the shorter transfer time. Has anyone done both, and if so, did you have a preference?

BB

sallyc
(Member)
Hi BettyBoo

I have done both and they are equally fabulous. Both hotels are superb and the excursions excellent. I would probably flip a coin which to do first and do the other the following year!

Sally

Bosuncat
(Member)
'BettyBoo' wrote:

I am thinking of either one of these holidays for June 2016 assuming that Calabria 2016 will operate

using the alternative airport with the shorter transfer time. Has anyone done both, and if so, did you have a preference?

BB

I haven't done Calabria yet BB but hoping to next year. I think the change of airports should make life easier for the transfer.

I HAVE done Cilento twice and love it! The hotel is really good, but I haven't done it since the Spa was finished, although I have seen it in the process of it being built. :thumbup: The trips are all worthwhile and not too strenuous. I have done them all in the times I have gone.

Toni2909
(Member)
I have done both and loved both. So, apart from suggesting that you flip a coin, I'm afraid I can't help! Sorry.

Toni

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I went to Cilento and loved it but have not been to Calabria although a lot of people have rated it!

Thanks

Mark

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello

I have only done Calabria and thoroughly recommend it though have read great reviews re Cliento so I think you will have to do both!

Jaya

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Betty,

I know you havent decided yet but let me give you some food for thought..

There is an excursion to the Cilento National Park in which we visit the abandoned village of Roscigno Vecchia which has been written about by the daily Mail. I met the old man in the film. 🙂

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3155481/The-towns-time-forgot-Haunting-images-Italy-s-abandoned-ghost-towns-left-eerie-splendour-untouched-deserted-half-century-ago.html 

Thanks Mark

SusieB
(Member)
Hi Betty

I came back from the Cilento Coast holiday just a couple of days ago. It was really great. Lovely hotel in an idyllic position, very helpful and friendly staff, nice rooms, good food etc. An all round very good holiiday.

Regards

Sue