sarahc14
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I wonder if someone could tell me where I can find the star rating for hotels on the website. Or whether anyboby knows the star ratings for the hotels on the magic of Kenya tour.

Thanks

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sarah

I have been on this tour and posted on another of your questions somewhere else. Can I say star ratings vary from country to country in my opinion.

The Ashnil Aruba Lodge (Safari) Staff very helpfull. Shared room. Mine had a veranda which looked out onto the vast open plane amazing to see the elephants strolling along late PM. Rooms are quite snug with 2 single beds. Small dressing table and hanging space. Nice sized bathroom. YOU are NOT in this room much other than to sleep. Restraunte clean and tidy plenty of food. The evening BBQ outside around the pool was just great with the dancers. Just beware there is no real contact with home here it is very remote. IE internet etc.

Travellers Beach Hotel (I did the add on well worth it) Very nice,only downside was the lack of AIR CON, rooms really nice, I had a double bed and a single bed in mine, Fridge to keep the drinks COLD.settee table chair dresser. Larg bathroom and dressing area where there was hanging space for clothes.

Both hotels have nets over the beds and both hotels spray late pm the rooms for mossys.

If I can help with anything else just ask..

Really is a tour worth going on.. IF you LOVE animals...

Cindy

Peter Jersey
(Member)
Sarah

I do not know what hotels you are staying at but if you search Google to look up the hotels website, that should give you the LOCAL rating. Alternatively look on a Hotel booking site, such as booking.com

Hope this help you

Peter

sarahc14
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Cindy and Peter for your help.

I have now taken the plunge and booked onto the magic of Kenya tour in November. I am really excited for the trip, but also nervous as I have never gone on holiday on my own before. Hence all the questions. It has been really helpful reading what everyone writes on these forums, really helped to put my mind at rest.

Ive always wanted to do a safari, so hoping for a fab time.

Sarah

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sarah

Good for you booking the tour you indeed will have a fab time.

DO take plenty of hand gel, wet wipes and paper tissues, these all come in very handy at times..

Take plenty of cheap pens and crayons as the taxi drivers and anybody love to have them.

There is a childrens aids orphanage near by which if your interested in I can give you more information. I spent o lovely few hours there with the children.

Cindy