JustAndy103
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi All

Can my fellow trippers please be aware, Particularly from Trippers from North of the boarder in Scotland. However for the benefit of all.

On some Holidays, If you are planning to experience any of the Optional excursions, At some destinations, the excursions, Can be paid via the local currency, The Euro and/ or UK Sterling.

However please note. That The Scottish Notes are not considered Sterling and must be of the English Variety, Otherwise There will be a strong chance of The Scottish note being rejected. As although I personally have never been in this situation, My trip to Bulgaria, Back in April 2012. A fellow traveller was in this position, And therefore inadvertantly was made to feel slightly uncomfortable.

Therefore please exchange any Scottish Notes into Sterling before leaving your home destinations.

Thank you all for reading

Regards Andy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Andy, same applies for Northern Irish sterling!

Best wishes,

Bob

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Guys

I am sure it also applies to Jersey currency!

Jaya

Peter Jersey
(Member)
Hi Jaya/Andy/Bob

As far as Jersey money is concerned, we cannot even spend it in the UK!! Even though the notes have the Queens Head on them. Our coins look very similar to yours and nobody checks them. I often pull out Jersey notes (by mistake of course) when I am in a UK shop. Just to see the startled looks on the Shop assistants face. Especially our £1.00 notes.

Do not worry though if you are coming to Jersey for a holiday. We take any UK currency. Beggars cannot be choosers.

Peter

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Peter

I know UK currency is accepted in Jersey, but the only problem is you get Jersey currency back in change, which is not accepted in the UK! It does sound silly not to accept the currency which has the Queens Head and is worth the same. You would think that in this day and age there would not be any problems...

Jaya

JustAndy103
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi All

I really think a some of my fellow travellers, Have not cottoned on to the point of this post. And perhaps should take some time an re read it. It is not about anywhere within the UK or British Isles.for that matter.

Regards Andy

sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Andy.

I always get a few English notes when going south of the border, to keep me going until I can get to a cash machine, but hadn't thought about it for my JY holiday.

Regards

Sylvia