KirstyK
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hiya i'm going to China in October and am getting some money together but can only get 100 yuan notes! Does anyone know if this ok and will I be able to change some over there easily?

Thanks

Kirsty

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Kirsty

I did this great trip in 2010. From what I remember hotels were able to exchange currency so I am sure they would be able to give you smaller notes.

Any questions please feel free to ask me.

Lesley

sandybill1946
(Member)
'lesley07' wrote:

Hi Kirsty

I did this great trip in 2010. From what I remember hotels were able to exchange currency so I am sure they would be able to give you smaller notes.

Any questions please feel free to ask me.

Lesley

Hi Kirsty

I did this trip last year and I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I did. I had no difficulty changing the 100 notes, they are worth just over £10.

Sandra

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kirsty,

I did this trip in 2014 and obviously took Yuan currency with me. Towards the end of the holiday I needed to change some GBP notes at the hotel reception, which was fine but they MUST be in pristine condition. So, no tears or writing are accepted but as long as your notes are perfect you should not have a problem exchanging Sterling in China.

Having said that, I did have a problem with £5 notes simply because they'd never seen one before, but once I'd pointed out the Queen's portrait they were happy to accept them. Anyway, if you take £10 and £20 notes you will be OK as long as they are in good condition.

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Cheers

Mike