Mick W
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
For the benefit of others how would you rank the JY holidays you've been on.

For me the best I've done so far was my first "Americas Golden West" its just so hectic and you see so much would advise anyone to do it.

I'll add I've not done a bad holiday, enjoyed them all some were just better than others. I'm not a beach person so touring holidays and those with plenty of excurrsions suit me.

Anyway if I've to put my holidays in a ranking order think this would be it :-

1. Americas Golden West

2. Parks & Canyons

3. Treasures of Andalucia

4. Discover Mallorca

5 Lake Annecy & French Alps (christmas)

Did do Discover Croatia with Travelsphere which is very similar to the JY trip and would put that between Andalucia and Mallorca.

So those that have done multiple trips, how would you rank yours ?

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mick,

here are mine:

1. South Africa with Victoria Falls add-on 10/10

2. America's Golden West 9/10

3. Spirit of India 8/10

4. Treasures of Andalucia 8/10

I've written extensively about S Africa/Zambia elsewhere so will say no more about it! The Golden West was a wonderful holiday, I loved San Francisco and Vegas in particular (didn't think I'd like Vegas, but it bowled me over!) - and of course, seeing the Grand Canyon was amazing. India was a totally different experience - as someone described it, an assault on the senses! Noisy, crowded and litter everywhere but the Taj Mahal and seeing a tiger close up in Ranthambore more than made up for it! Andalucia was my introduction to JY, had a lovely week in a nice hotel with great scenic visits to Ronda, Gibraltar and the Alhambra Palace.

I've never had a disappointing JY holiday and I'm booked to do Chile, Argentina and Brazil with Travelsphere in Sept (going as a single traveller, but also travelling with another single friend) and Vietnam/Cambodia booked for next year with JY - can't wait!!

All the best,

Bob

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
MICK

Now this is a very difficult question for me to answer. I have done 8 Jy tours in 6 years. As for me to rate this it is not just based on THE TOUR as I have met some great people who have MADE a holiday for me. SO I shall base this on the tour and what is on offer and not the people etc.

My rankings based on what the tour had to offer me.

1. My very first tour Boston, New England and New York. / Very busy but so much to see

2. Nashville and Memphis (Graceland Tour) / I just love Country and Western and Elvis, American Civil Rights

3. East Coastliner / The historic side for the American Cival War was just amazing

4. Kenyan Safari / The animals were just fantastic ..The elephants stole my heart

5. Poland and The Tatra Mountains / The Concentration camps I just had to visit and witness... heartbreaking

6. Austrian Lakes / Lovely scenic tour and time to relax

7. Hong Kong & New Zealand / Breath taking scenery lovely local people.. Milford Sound touched my heart

8. Tuscany / Lovely scenery and time to relax

I was booked to go to Australia but the trip was cancelled I did this another way. I left part of my heart in OZ just loved the county and the people, amazing sights to see there.

When I go on a tour I really look at what is being offered, I love the USA tours, I have a deep interest in Martin Luther King, and the fights of the black people to be accepted, music, history and war. Animals play a big part in my life so to see them live was great.

A JY tour for me is about what I can see, I am not there to laze around, but I did do the add on, and chilled out on the Kenya tour which was nice. I really want to see and do as much as I can that appeasl to me, as it is odds on I might not pass that way again.

I have my eye on a couple of the USA tours for 2013, but I shall see if there is anything new in the brochure before I book anything else up.

Happy travelling everyone

Cindy

zztop27
(Member)
I've only done 2 JY trips - Australia in 2011 and China in 2012. Both were absolutely great in different ways and the organisation, hotels, guides and fellow travellers made the whole experiences worth 10/10.

Planning to book for Peru in March 2013 so I am obviously satisfied with JY.

Pete .............

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have done 3 JY trips:

Jordan was great - lots to see, Petra was amazing.

Andalucia too was wonderful. Very beautiful part of Spain.

Costa de la Luz too did not disappoint.

All three were great holidays and were charming in their own way.

Like Mick, I am not the person for the beach or lazing around. I love sightseeing and choose my holidays accordingly. For next year I too am thinking about Peru. Was thinking of doing China, but then saw amazing photos of the Peru trip and now I am more inclined to go to Peru and Amazon add on. There are so many places I want to see - if only I could take a year off and just travel!!

Jaya

martini2429
(Member)
I came to Just You quite late so I have only done 3 trips so far:

Wonders of China in 2005, highly enjoyable and it was good to see a different culture

Parks, Canyons and Little Big Horn in 2008, fantastic scenery and who wouldn't want to vist the place where the legendery Gen Custer met his end.

Magic of Kenya, absolutley brilliant to see animals in their natural habitat, wish the safari part was longer

I can't say which is my favorite holiday as I only go the somewhere I really want to see, it all about the culture, history and scenery

I am already planning my next few trips (I like to go every 2 years, money willing)

So I have planned:

Route 66 - 2013

Peru (with Amazon add on) in 2015

Probably Texas & New Orleans or Americas Golden West in 2017

I also want to do Australia & New Zealand when I retire

Like others I am not one for sitting on a beach (thats why I tried to do as many trips as possible when in Mombasa).

Martin

jacq27
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,I am looking forward to my 7th JY trip; this time to Vietnam and Cambodia.

I've enjoyed all of my previous trips for different reasons, some its been the country itself and on others the company has made the holiday but to put them in order of preference -

1. Nepal

2. Golden West & Hawaii

3. Texas & New Orleans

4. Thailand

5. Nile Cruise

6. National Parks

I'm hoping to add Peru to this next year, or maybe China or Route 66 or ..... the list is endless - too many destinations not enough holiday time

Happy Holidays to Everyone!

Jacqueline

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jacqueline,

Wow I didn't realise that JY used to run a tour to Nepal! I would love to do this tour a couple of years down the road, too many I want to do in the mean time though! I've looked at the itinearary on the Travelsphere tour and hopefully JY will bring it back in a couple of years!

Best wishes,

Bob

julie.H
(Member)
'zztop27' wrote:

I've only done 2 JY trips - Australia in 2011 and China in 2012. Both were absolutely great in different ways and the organisation, hotels, guides and fellow travellers made the whole experiences worth 10/10.

Planning to book for Peru in March 2013 so I am obviously satisfied with JY.

Pete .............

Hi Pete,

Saw your message and just thought maybe you could give some tips/advice on Australia trip as thinking of booking for next year. Thanks,

Julie

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I've done 8 JY holidays in the last 4 years and have got Thailand booked for this year and Vietnam and Cambodia for next. Just You look after you so well and I have met some really nice people on my trips. My favourites so far are as follows:-

1. India - wonderful, exciting country

2. Kenya - fantastic wildlife, without the crowds

3. Costa Rica - wonderful wildlife and coffee

4. Morocco - my 1st JY trip - a fascinating and diverse country

5. South Africa & Zambia - if you are an ele fan, this is the place to come!

Thoroughly recommend the Botswana daytrip. The wine was pretty good too!

6. Egypt - sailing slowly down the Nile watching the local life evolve.

7. Jordan - Petra and Wadi Rum

8. Russia - culture and vodka and gold gold gold

Sad to see that Morocco is no longer in the brochure and that Costa Rica is going too - go now while you can! Please put Namibia back on and Kerala too. Wherever you go - enjoy!

Hils

janeyalan
(Member)
Hello everyone

I have really enjoyed the 4 trips I have done, but here goes this is how I would rank them

1. Costa Rica

2. China

3. Route 66

4. Cilento coast

There are lots of places I would love to visit in future

Jane

zztop27
(Member)
Hi Julie H, just saw your post re Australia. All I can say about that trip last year is that it was great with many many highlights. I had always wanted to visit Australia (my wife has never been keen to go there) so a couple of years ago she agreed I can go on my own. The whole trip was great - the fellow travellers and tour guide (Sarah W.) were excellent and I have enough memories (and photos) to last a life time. Ayers Rock at sunrise and sunset, climbing Sydney Harbour Bridge, helicopter flight over the Outback outside Alice Springs, scubadoo diving on the Great Barrier reef are some of the highlights although the whole experience was amazing from start to finish. My advice is to book it and enjoy it !!!!!

I enjoyed the JY experience so much I went to China this year and am off to Peru next year - it's a big world out there with lots more places to visit.

Pete ...........

martini2429
(Member)
I have just got back into the Community and thought I would bump this thread, since my last post I have only done one of the holidays I mentioned, that was Route 66 back in 2017, what a fantastic holdiay that was, it's a shame the Just You don't do it anymore, it is an experience, I am still in contact with many of my fellow travellers from that Holiday, I also returned to Kenya in 2019 on the Kilimanjaro to Masi Mara Tour, again another fantastic holiday, we saw lots of animals this time, Rhino at Lake Nakuru, but only 2 of us (out of 6) got to see a Leopard, Just You you have to get back to Kenya and soon.