EdmundBlackadder
(Member) (Topic Starter)
This was an excellent trip with wonderful company and delicious food on board. All of the crew worked very hard in keeping everybody happy. The cabins were cleaned swiftly during the breakfast hour.

I had to top deck cabin; though there were only two, these were by far the best as they were on the same level as the dining room. It was worth paying that extra.

Damir the Tour Manager was excellent in his translations, and told us about our locations. He responded swiftly when one of our number needed some bandage on her leg. A minor diversion took her to the hospital. She returned a couple of hours later and we were back on course.

The quality of the food on board was superlative, especially when we had the Captain's Dinner and BBQ. On three occasions, we had dinner ashore, which we had to pay for. While the first and third were very good, the second one in Hvar was very poor. A little group of us wanted to go to a small restaurant, but we were pushed into going to a large outdoor one which was a vegetarian/asian one. Any other meals had to be sent out for these were below quality.

The waterfall at Krka National Park was a fine place. As it was very hot, it was easy to suffer from water deprivation, even with a bottle. I stayed behind while the others hiked on, although a few more turned back soon after.

Day 5 was a rainy day, so it's wise to bring a plastic mac or a tiny umbrella.

I was sad to leave, as I made a lot of good friends, many I still keep in touch with now.

The Addison Lee picked me up on time from home, but he was still in the Heathrow car park when coming home.

Recommendations:

Just You needs to do more boat trips like the Island Explorer

Swim stops need to be cut down on. We had too many of them.

More coach tours like the one we had to the high island point. It would have been good to see more locations ashore.

The walking tours were too draining in the warm weather. Not enough opportunity was given to go around the small shops.

Croatian Airlines was appalling. Passengers were just given a couple of Croatian biscuits and a drink of water.

All in all, it was the best for making new friends, as we were all together on the boat.

Graham

Hugh G
(Member)
'EdmundBlackadder' wrote:

This was an excellent trip with wonderful company and delicious food on board. All of the crew worked very hard in keeping everybody happy. The cabins were cleaned swiftly during the breakfast hour.

I had to top deck cabin; though there were only two, these were by far the best as they were on the same level as the dining room. It was worth paying that extra.

Damir the Tour Manager was excellent in his translations, and told us about our locations. He responded swiftly when one of our number needed some bandage on her leg. A minor diversion took her to the hospital. She returned a couple of hours later and we were back on course.

The quality of the food on board was superlative, especially when we had the Captain's Dinner and BBQ. On three occasions, we had dinner ashore, which we had to pay for. While the first and third were very good, the second one in Hvar was very poor. A little group of us wanted to go to a small restaurant, but we were pushed into going to a large outdoor one which was a vegetarian/asian one. Any other meals had to be sent out for these were below quality.

The waterfall at Krka National Park was a fine place. As it was very hot, it was easy to suffer from water deprivation, even with a bottle. I stayed behind while the others hiked on, although a few more turned back soon after.

Day 5 was a rainy day, so it's wise to bring a plastic mac or a tiny umbrella.

I was sad to leave, as I made a lot of good friends, many I still keep in touch with now.

The Addison Lee picked me up on time from home, but he was still in the Heathrow car park when coming home.

Recommendations:

Just You needs to do more boat trips like the Island Explorer

Swim stops need to be cut down on. We had too many of them.

More coach tours like the one we had to the high island point. It would have been good to see more locations ashore.

The walking tours were too draining in the warm weather. Not enough opportunity was given to go around the small shops.

Croatian Airlines was appalling. Passengers were just given a couple of Croatian biscuits and a drink of water.

All in all, it was the best for making new friends, as we were all together on the boat.

Graham

Thank you, very helpful Graham

Not sure how this will appear, I'd forgotten how bad this site is.