Valerie1896
(Member)
Thanks for all that info, Jan. What a great recommendation, that you've booked the same holiday for this year. I'm very much looking forward to it and am really not bothered about entertainment at the hotel. I have a busy and sometimes stressful life, so am looking forward to relaxing by the sea with some good company and not having to think about anything other than enjoying myself!

I was surprised by a couple of things you said. Firstly, the holiday I booked is on a half board basis (breakfast and dinner, I assume) but you said that lunch is included. Secondly, the hotel's website states that there is a charge if you want a fridge in your room but you state that this is free. The arrangement may well have changed for this year but perhaps someone from Just You could make enquiries and confirm this, please?

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Valarie,

Our Sun-kissed Sardinia is full board so you'll get 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 7 dinners.

I have spoken to our product team who have advised that there are fridges in the rooms.

Kindest regards,

Julia

AdmT
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Valerie1896' wrote:

AdmT - Dont forget those average temperatures are taken at Noon and in the shade.  I'm hoping that there's every chance the afternoons will be warm enough to spend an hour or two on the beach.  I'm afraid I've no idea about prices but I found Italy to be quite expensive when I was in Sorrento a few years ago and am not expecting Sardinia to be cheap.

Thanks for reply, have a good day!!

AlanE
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Well this years trip to Sardinia is now officially off so I have re-booked for the same time next year. Something to look forward to, provided that this flipping virus is over of course! in the meantime I will do my bit and stay at home. Looking forward to next year.

Stay well.

Alan

Valerie1896
(Member)
Such a shame, but totally understandable, that this trip has been cancelled. I'd accepted some time ago that it wasnt going to happen but the official confirmation still made me sad. Its exactly my kind of holiday so, even though my personal circumstances wont let me plan 12 months in advance, I hope to be able to rebook it for next year, at some stage.
AlanE
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Well, today I and others would have returned from Sardinia and I would have put a review on here saying how absolutely fantastic the holiday was. Please wait, it's only twelve months away until the next one. In the meantime have a nice staycation.

Alan

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Alan

Time flies by so before you know it, your trip which is 12 months away will soon be here. Not being able to travel is the hardest thing for me, but at the same time I fully understand why we are not able to travel. We have to beat this virus so travel can resume. I was so looking forward to my trip to Madagascar in June (booked with another company) but that is not going ahead and I now have to wait till 2022 to go on this trip since next year is fully booked with 2 Just You holidays. No one knows what is around the corner but it is something to look forward to. The only thing I plan in advance is my holidays otherwise I live for today.

Regards

Jaya

AlanE
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'JayaIt\'s wrote:

Hi Alan

Time flies by so before you know it, your trip which is 12 months away will soon be here.  Not being able to travel is the hardest thing for me, but at the same time I fully understand why we are not able to travel.  We have to beat this virus so travel can resume.  I was so looking forward to my trip to Madagascar in June (booked with another company) but that is not going ahead and I now have to wait till 2022 to go on this trip since next year is fully booked with 2 Just You holidays.  No one knows what is around the corner but it is something to look forward to.  The only thing I plan in advance is my holidays otherwise I live for today.

Regards

Jaya

Valerie1896
(Member)
Well Covid has well and truly done its worst for travel, hasnt it? I booked the Sardinia trip for May 2020, as this type of holiday suits me perfectly, but we all know how 2020 went and travel in May this year wasnt possible either.  I was my mother's carer for several years but she recently passed away aged 90 and, having been through the grieving process and having now been tripled jabbed against Covid, I am starting to think seriously about travel in 2022.

I think I may take the plunge and book this trip soon. Anyone else thinking about going?

We all need something to look forward to 🙂

AlanE
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Valerie1896' wrote:

Well Covid has well and truly done its worst for travel, hasnt it? I booked the Sardinia trip for May 2020, as this type of holiday suits me perfectly, but we all know how 2020 went and travel in May this year wasnt possible either.  I was my mother's carer for several years but she recently passed away aged 90 and, having been through the grieving process and having now been tripled jabbed against Covid, I am starting to think seriously about travel in 2022.

I think I may take the plunge and book this trip soon. Anyone else thinking about going?

We all need something to look forward to :)

Valerie,

Sorry to hear about your mum. 

I re-booked for May this year which was obviously cancelled so I booked for September on the off chance that that one would go ahead. When it became clear that this wasn't on either I took the JustYou offer of a refund.

I haven't yet re-booked for next year but if I do it will be in May 2022.

As you say we all need something to look forward to.

Alan

Valerie1896
(Member)
Thanks for your replies, Rose and Alan.

I think I will let 2021 play out, see how things go and then book (for May) shortly after Christmas. I've recently returned from Kos, Greece, where I have family, so was lucky enough to enjoy a sunny holiday before the summer season ended.

Lets hope we can all enjoy safe international travel by the time spring 2022 arrives!