AlanE
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am looking at the Sardinia trip (amongst others) for this year the only reviews I can find are not very good and from 2017. Has anyone been there recently and got a good word to say for this holiday please?

Alan

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Alan,

Sadly not all Just You travellers use the community but hopefully one of our members will come back to you with their experience. The delay in getting the post live was to gather a bit of infrmation for you - I have taken a look at the customer satisfaction scores for this tour for 2019 and can share that 95% of travellers who completed the questionnaire rated this tour either good or excellent.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Valerie1896
(Member)
I've just booked this holiday for May this year, as I love the idea of a beach holiday combined with excursions to visit places of interest.  I researched the hotel before I booked and the Tripadvisor reviews are very positive. I've never travelled with Just You before, but I'm really looking forward to this trip.
suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Valerie1896' wrote:

I've just booked this holiday for May this year, as I love the idea of a beach holiday combined with excursions to visit places of interest.  I researched the hotel before I booked and the Tripadvisor reviews are very positive. I've never travelled with Just You before, but I'm really looking forward to this trip.

Valerie1896, recognise your picture from another forum, take it your not going on the May cruise you mentioned? Sue

AlanE
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Valerie1896' wrote:

Valerie,

I think this is the one that I'll book. Not sure of which date in May just yet, my wife is due for eye surgery so obviously I can't book until the outcome of that is known. I will be flying from Bristol, how about you. This will be my sixth Just You holiday and they have always been good.

Alan

Valerie1896
(Member)
Sue - Hi again... I actually tried to book the cruise but all the single cabins were sold out and the cruise company woudnt even quote for a twin cabin for single use, so looked elsewhere. Maybe next year!

Alan - I've booked to fly from Gatwick, as I live in Kent and its the nearest and most convenient for me. Hope all goes well with your wife's eye surgery.

I think most of the negative comments I have read about the hotel on this holiday are in respect of its supposed isolation but to be honest that suits me fine. No noise at night sounds great to me and I think there are enough excursions to keep me occupied when I am not on the beach or by the pool. Think there is also a bus stop just outside the hotel too. I'm sure I'm not going to get bored for the 7 days I'm there!

Paul N
(Member)
'AlanE' wrote:

'Valerie1896' wrote:

Valerie,

I think this is the one that I'll book. Not sure of which date in May just yet, my wife is due for eye surgery so obviously I can't book until the outcome of that is known. I will be flying from Bristol, how about you. This will be my sixth Just You holiday and they have always been good.

Alan

Hi Alan

Just read the details of this one looks like a cracking holiday. Sensible flight times from Bristol as well. Having a bowling green wouldn't have swayed the decision would it ??!! if you do go please do a review on your return. Would loved to have joined you. Hope all goes well with the wife's op.

Paul

AlanE
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Paul N' wrote:

'AlanE' wrote:

'Valerie1896' wrote:

Valerie,

Alan

Hi Alan

Just read the details of this one looks like a cracking holiday. Sensible flight times from Bristol as well. Having a bowling green wouldn't have swayed the decision would it ??!! if you do go please do a review on your return. Would loved to have joined you. Hope all goes well with the wife's op.

Paul

Thanks to both of you. Paul, if I do go I will definitely do a review (I want to get off this 2 star junior member status!).

Valerie, which date are you going?

Alan

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Valerie1896' wrote:

Sue - Hi again... I actually tried to book the cruise but all the single cabins were sold out and the cruise company woudnt even quote for a twin cabin for single use, so looked elsewhere.  Maybe next year!

Alan - I've booked to fly from Gatwick, as I live in Kent and its the nearest and most convenient for me.  Hope all goes well with your wife's eye surgery.  

I think most of the negative comments I have read about the hotel on this holiday are in respect of its supposed isolation but to be honest that suits me fine.  No noise at night sounds great to me and I think there are enough excursions to keep me occupied when I am not on the beach or by the pool.  Think there is also a bus stop just outside the hotel too.  I'm sure I'm not going to get bored for the 7 days I'm there!

Valerie, have a great time anyway, do a review on your return as I may go on this one later in year if dates suit.

Valerie1896
(Member)
Alan - I've booked for the 12 May departure. Hopefully, the weather will be good!

Sue - Thanks. I will definitely write a review when I get back.

AdmT
  • (Member)
(Member)
Is it may good for beaches? not cold?
AlanE
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'AdmT' wrote:

Well, admittedly it was in 2018, when it was hot everywhere, but Sicily was in the low 30s then. Calabria last year was very different, coldish and wet. The thing is, when it's colder, the sea or pool feels warmer!

Alan

AlanE
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'AlanE' wrote:

'AdmT' wrote:

Well, admittedly it was in 2018, when it was hot everywhere, but Sicily was in the low 30s then. Calabria last year was very different, coldish and wet. The thing is, when it's colder, the sea or pool feels warmer!

Alan

Oops! the cold must be getting to me. 2018 was Mijas which was hot. Sicily was in 2017 and was even hotter. All these were in May.

AlanE
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Valerie1896' wrote:

Valerie,

Just booked this one for the 12th May, See you there.

Alan

Valerie1896
(Member)
I did a little research on the weather before I booked this trip and Sardinia's average temperatures for May seem to be between 17 and 22 degrees. Warm enough for the beach and not too hot for those days spent out and about on an excursion, I reckon. Sardinia has a very mild climate generally and the temperatures so far this year havent been out of double figures when I've checked, so am hopeful he weather is going to play ball while I'm there!
AdmT
  • (Member)
(Member)
about 20 deegrees?!, I guess it's cold for the beach, what about prices in Sardinia if compare with Rome and Vnice?

https://romecitynow.com/prices-in-rome 

Valerie1896
(Member)
AdmT - Dont forget those average temperatures are taken at Noon and in the shade. I'm hoping that there's every chance the afternoons will be warm enough to spend an hour or two on the beach. I'm afraid I've no idea about prices but I found Italy to be quite expensive when I was in Sorrento a few years ago and am not expecting Sardinia to be cheap.

AlanE - I just noticed you are booked for 12 May too. Dont know how I missed that last time! Looking forward to meeting you.

AlanE
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Valerie1896' wrote:

AdmT - Dont forget those average temperatures are taken at Noon and in the shade.  I'm hoping that there's every chance the afternoons will be warm enough to spend an hour or two on the beach.  I'm afraid I've no idea about prices but I found Italy to be quite expensive when I was in Sorrento a few years ago and am not expecting Sardinia to be cheap.

AlanE - I just noticed you are booked for 12 May too. Dont know how I missed that last time!  Looking forward to meeting you.

Valerie,

Going from Bristol I'll be there before you (must be downhill!) See you there.

Alan

Jan_C_Worcester
(Member)
'AlanE' wrote:

'Valerie1896' wrote:

Valerie,

Alan

Hi Valerie

I went to Sardina with Just You in September last year and I've booked to go again!. I've been on several holidays with JY and they really do look after you. Its a lovely hotel, right on the beach. The rooms are either side of the main hotel which makes them really easy to get to. There is nothing nearby, no shops or bars but you can get a bus or taxi into Algherro which is the nearest town, if you wish. 

If you fancy a day on the beach and don't feel like sitting in the hotel for lunch or if you have a trip booked and want something to take with you, ask the restaurant staff to put you up a packed lunch to take to the beach. They make you a sandwich, put fruit in, a little dessert and a bottle of water. You have to ask for the night before or at breakfast at the very latest. 

Tinnura and Bosa was a lovely trip so I might go again. 

Jan  🙂

I've booked again to go in June and I notice they have different trips this time.

Jan_C_Worcester
(Member)
Hi all

I was there is September and I'm going back in June.

The hotel is isolated but it is right on the beach. If you fancy a stroll, there is a supermarket not too far away, I didn't go but I think its about 15-20 minute walk, but don't quote me on that. You can get a bus or a few of you could share a taxi into Algherro if you want to go to some bars and restaurants. There is no entertainment at the hotel so no noisy music. We enjoyed chatting and having a laugh during the evenings.

It is full board so lunch is included and if you are like me and don't like being indoors anymore than you have to, ask the night before for a packed lunch. They give you a sandwich, some fruit and a bottle of water. You can do this for any trips you go on too.

The safe, fridge and towel is free so its a very inexpensive relaxing holiday.

Enjoy!

Jan 🙂