Gillian2011
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello all, I’m off to Borneo and Singapore in June and looking for some advice about foot ware.  I think I read on the forum that someone got very wet on one of the several boat trips. I was wondering if I need to take some footware that will dry easily. My sandles were never the same again after getting soaked on a boat trip in Costa Rica. Will we get soaked?

Also, can anyone give me an idea of how much money to take.  

Many thanks

Kindest regards

Gillian

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Gillian

I did this tour in 2016 and you don't really get wet, bit of spray was about it, I took my crocs for the boats and just some reasonable shoes with a bit of grip for the walks, I recall getting my shoes soaked on the beach at Jaco's Costa Rica watching the sunset as a wave took me by surprise, they took days to dry out and were in fact ruined, there may have been at that one area where we boarded the boat to go to lodge was a little mucky but I can't remember off the top of my head if that was borneo or CR

money i'd say around £300 but you'll need almost as much again for Singapore

all the best any questions just ask

Dave

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

Dave it was Costa Rica where the path to board the boat for the lodge was muddy and wet!

Gillian - as Dave said you do not get wet on the boats in Borneo unless it rains whilst you are doing the river safari. It rained one day whilst we were on the boat and trying to get the plastic poncho on was an adventure in itself. You do dry out quickly. We went in May so not sure what the weather will be like in June. Leather shoes do get ruined if they get soaked and sea water is a worst culprit.

Regards

Jaya

Gillian2011
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi

Dave it was Costa Rica where the path to board the boat for the lodge was muddy and wet!  

Gillian - as Dave said you do not get wet on the boats in Borneo unless it rains whilst you are doing the river safari.  It rained one day whilst we were on the boat and trying to get the plastic poncho on was an adventure in itself.  You do dry out quickly.  We went in May so not sure what the weather will be like in June.  Leather shoes do get ruined if they get soaked and sea water is a worst culprit.  

Regards

Jaya

Hello Jaya,

Thank you for your reassurance, It’s good to know what to expect.  Not long now, I’m really looking forward to seeing lots of wildlife.

Regards

Gillian

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hope you get to see the Pygmy elephants. We were very lucky to see them twice. Have a fantastic adventure.

Kind regards

Jaya