ill365
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi my name is isobel I have recently been widowed.  I have not travelled on my own for many years but I have decided to take a trip to Borneo and Singapore in May next year. Any tips will be greatly appreciated.
Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Isobel,

If you go up to the Search button (top right corner of the screen) and put in Borneo, you will find reviews and tips etc. This is a fabulous trip. I hope you see pygmy elephants as well as wild orangutans - we were very lucky.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Hils

ill365
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Hils' wrote:

Hi Isobel,

If you go up to the Search button (top right corner of the screen) and put in Borneo, you will find reviews and tips etc. This is a fabulous trip. I hope you see pygmy elephants as well as wild orangutans - we were very lucky.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Hils

ill365
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi thanks for the tip really looking forward to it x
ill365
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Hils' wrote:

Hi Isobel,

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Hils

Thank you for this I am really looking forward to it x

Sue I
  • (Member)
(Member)
'ill365' wrote:

Hi my name is isobel I have recently been widowed.  I have not travelled on my own for many years but I have decided to take a trip to Borneo and Singapore in May next year. Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Isobel

I did the Borneo trip in 2017... my first with JY. It was marvellous and fulfilled my considerable expectations. We saw plenty of wildlife including wild orangutans which was my dream ...and Pygmy elephants... the latter seen on an impromptu boat ride down the Kinabatangan... in what turned into a huge thunderstorm! We got drenched in our open boat with lightning crashing all around us and the boatman bailing out the water with a bucket. We returned to the lodge in the pitch dark... certainly an experience that made me feel very alive...

The jungle lodges are fabulous... I could’ve stayed a lot longer as I found a peace and tranquillity there.

All in all... lovely people, great food, fascinating country, interesting places to stay and amazing wildlife experience. Enjoy!

Sue

ill365
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Sue it is really interesting to hear your experiences. I am going in May and can not wait.
Chloesonic :)
(Member)
Hi Isobel

Wow what a fantastic trip to be you first one! I'm really hoping you managed to book as I booked for June last week and now both May and June are sold out 😮 it's a popular trip though and you will have a great time Hun. I will keep an eye out for any useful info xx

ill365
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Chloesonic' wrote:

Hi Isobel

Wow what a fantastic trip to be you first one! I'm really hoping you managed to book as I booked for June last week and now both May and June are sold out 😮 it's a popular trip though and you will have a great time Hun. I will keep an eye out for any useful info xx

Hi thanks for your comments I am booked and raring to go now. I hope you have a good trip in June and I will also keep my eye out for any useful info xx

KMD
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I have just booked for September so look forward to hearing how your trip goes & any tips you have re what to take etc

ill365
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi I will take note of all the highlights and pass them when I get back so looking forward to it. I would also like to know if anyone else is going in May?