IanWight
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just back home today from the 30th October departure to "Burma & the road to Mandalay". Much has been written about this in previous threads so I shall not repeat that here other than to say that this is one of the best tours I have been on. The country and the people are wonderful and thanks go to our TM Sue McCulloch who got our bare feet through a vast number of temples (& provided the wipes for afterwards) together with local guide Moe who is a fountain of all knowledge about Burma & passionate about his country.

Highly recommended.

Ian

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Ian,

I'm delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time on your trip to Burma.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the wider Just You Community. I have forwarded your comments on to the wider team here at JYHQ, including the Tour Manager team.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ian

So glad you enjoyed your trip to this wonderful country and that the experience was not marred by recent events.  This remains one of my favourite JY trips only matched by the trip to Mongolia earlier this year.

Regards

IanWight
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'jonah' wrote:

Hi Ian

So glad you enjoyed your trip to this wonderful country and that the experience was not marred by recent events.  This remains one of my favourite JY trips only matched by the trip to Mongolia earlier this year.

Regards

Hi Jonah,

We saw nothing political although we were obviously aware of what has been in the news. Our local guide was very well versed in the countries politics and gave some interesting insights. A friend was in Mongolia last year and spoke highly about the country. Back to cambodia for me next year - another understated country.

Best wishes, Ian

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks for the review Ian. I am really looking forward to this trip next November - fingers crossed it will still go ahead and not be put to rest!

Jaya

IanWight
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Thanks for the review Ian.  I am really looking forward to this trip next November - fingers crossed it will still go ahead and not be put to rest!

Jaya

Hi Jaya,

it is a beautiful country with lovely people. Fingers crossed foryou for November 2018.

Regards, Ian