worlandjr
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
This was everything I could wish for.  Aida was spectacular,  Tosca was great too.  But missed the ending as it rained.  Found out that when it stopped raining they would finish the opera.  However only missed last 10 mins and we know they all die anyway!

Our tour manager Aideen was everything you could wish for.  I loved being one of her 'chickens'  She was the icing on the Opera cake.

Even if you don't like opera you should see Aida for the sheer spectacle of it.  Breath taking.  

First time with Just you but it won't be the last.  Thanks to everyone involved.  Also the lovely people I met. You were great.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good morning worlandjr

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the JY community - I'm delighted to hear that you had a wonderful trip.

Kindest regards,

Julia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I had a friend who went to this recently not with JY independantley and she has not stopped raving about the opera she thought it was all fantastic, she to was disappointed with the rain!

Well done to JY for offering this sort of tour.

Cindy

LeeM
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello worlandjr,

Thank you for your review.  It's always interesting to hear about different tours and the Verona Opera sounds wonderful. I'm pleased you enjoyed your holiday so much.

Lesley

RaeW
  • (Member)
(Member)
'worlandjr' wrote:

This was everything I could wish for.  Aida was spectacular,  Tosca was great too.  But missed the ending as it rained.  Found out that when it stopped raining they would finish the opera.  However only missed last 10 mins and we know they all die anyway!

Our tour manager Aideen was everything you could wish for.  I loved being one of her 'chickens'  She was the icing on the Opera cake.

Even if you don't like opera you should see Aida for the sheer spectacle of it.  Breath taking.  

First time with Just you but it won't be the last.  Thanks to everyone involved.  Also the lovely people I met. You were great.

This is one on my bucket list and it has travelled much nearer to the top after reading your review. 

We had Aideen as TM on the Venice Carnival holiday and she was excellent. Very knowledgeable and fun.

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Worlandjr,

I saw Aida as an optional excursion on Magnificent Lake Garda back in 2011. I believe we had Aideen then as well. Aida was wonderful, at least we had no rain. Should have told us to take a torch as it was quite dangerous trying to walk down steps that were uneven in the dark.

Jan