doon1e963
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello I have finally taken the plunge. I signed up over a year ago and haven't had the confidence to do anything, but now's the time.

I saw the Lake Garda and Verona Opera holiday and wondered if anyone else is going to go on it......of course you are.......but has anyone done it before? I am not a big opera fan, but I love Italy and have wanted to go to the lakes for ages and have seen details of this opera before and it looks amazing. I am very nervous about making the booking and before I do if there is any suggestions or guidance I would be grateful.

Gwyn
  • (Member)
(Member)
I've done this one twice with JY, and may do it a third time in due course! Lake Garda is really wonderful, it is SO big that it can deal with the many tourists who flock there. The road around the lake is slow, but on a coach with new friends and a knowledgeable guide, it's not a problem. Limone is my favourite little town, magical views, wonderful coffee shops, great place for gelato.

I'm hardly an opera buff, but I loved every second of the Aida we saw past Summer. I paid for the top upgrade and thought my comfy seat was well worth it. If you go for the JY standard seats, you get a better panoramic view than in the posh seats, but do buy/hire a cushion or two!!

The group makes the holiday and although one can get an occasional irritant, 99% of people are great company. You meet lovely people with JY. Remember that many people on any JY holiday are as nervous as you! I really hope you enjoy Lake Garda and the opera!

Martwood
(Member)
Hello, I returned from my first JY holiday a week ago, a 5 day festive break at the Savoy Palace Hotel in Riva del Garda, it was brilliant! I'm not sure if you will be staying at this hotel, but if so you won't be disappointed. Our tour guide was a delightful young lady called Antonia & one of our day trips was to Verona. She was absolutely superb & thoroughly recommended that if we returned we should go to the opera. There were 28 in our group of which 7 were men. With the odd exception, we all got on great - I was apprehensive about going but really pleased I did. I'm sure you too will have a superb time - any holiday is what you make of it but I'm certain that you will make new friends. Regards, Martyn
Samantha
(Member)
Hi, I'm a newbie & am looking at booking the lake garda/Verona holiday. Am a big fan of Italy, have never been to an opera before but what better place to see one.

Hoping to book in the next few days - the positive reviews have encouraged me to go for it

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
First outdoor opera, first time in Italy with Verona and Venice, first gondola ride- so many firsts that June 2011 was a great holiday. We saw Aida up in the cheap seats, with a cushion. Only problem was the dark and uneven steps- take a torch :thumbup:

As I have done it, then I shall go to Italy hopefully on the Flavours of Italy in October.

Jan