Richard Street
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I know that all 39 people on this holiday had a fantastic time in Mijas with our wonderful Tour Manager, Claire Mellor. The trips were all excellent especially Alhambra. This was my second visit there and it was even more amazing than before thanks to the brilliant local guide, Juan. It was a big group but we all get on really well and had some good laughs together. My only criticism (and I know quite a few agree with this) is the food in the hotel was well under par but Mijas provided many opportunities to have a really good meal at a reasonable price with friendly waiters. I didn't get the chance to say good bye to the rest of the Gatwick group thanks to the chaos at passport control - I got through well ahead of the rest and had to hurry off to catch a train back to Hastings. I was going to attach a couple of photos of members of the group but it seems they're too large.
Lilian.D
(Member)
'Richard wrote:

I know that all 39 people on this holiday had a fantastic time in Mijas with our wonderful Tour Manager, Claire Mellor. The trips were all excellent especially Alhambra. This was my second visit there and it was even more amazing than before thanks to the brilliant local guide, Juan. It was a big group but we all get on really well and had some good laughs together. My only criticism (and I know quite a few agree with this) is the food in the hotel was well under par but Mijas provided many opportunities to have a really good meal at a reasonable price with friendly waiters. I didn't get the chance to say good bye to the rest of the Gatwick group thanks to the chaos at passport control - I got through well ahead of the rest and had to hurry off to catch a train back to Hastings. I was going to attach a couple of photos of members of the group but it seems they're too large.

Hi Richard, I have to agree with you about the standard of food in the hotel in Mijas, but it did not spoil the overall holiday, the company and Claire made up for it. I also felt the carpets in the hallways, and the bedrooms were long overdue to be replaced. Mijas is lovely spot, though and I for one should like to return .

Lilian from Scotland.

Richard Street
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Lilian.D' wrote:

'Richard wrote:

Hi Richard, I have to agree with you about the standard of food in the hotel in Mijas, but it did not spoil the overall holiday, the company and Claire made up for it. I also felt the carpets in the hallways, and the bedrooms were long overdue to be replaced. Mijas is lovely spot, though and I for one should like to return .

Lilian from Scotland.

On the last day, I overheard the receptionist explaining that they are planning to do some major upgrades to many of the rooms during the winter so maybe things will be better by next summer.

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Richard & Lilian

I am glad you enjoyed Mijas, I spent last Christmas there and it was a fabulous holiday. However the food at the hotel was poor then and I fed (ha ha) this back to JY at the time. Clearly the hotel has not responded.

christine johnson
(Member)
'Richard wrote:

Hi Richard,

Am sitting here looking at the heavy, grey skies outside and thinking of the glorious sunshine we were lucky enough to have in Andalucia.

I thought the holiday was fabulous. The hotel, although sadly lacking in the food quality and also service ( especially in the bar ,(complete with version of Fawlty Towers Manuel serving the drinks! ) and restaurant ) was in such a stunning location overlooking the Costa del Sol. It was great to have so many lovely fellow travellers to share the experiences with. The town of Mijas was really beautiful with many interesting attractions such as the church in the rock, minature museum, donkey taxis, a bullring, spectacular views, and many good restaurants and shops., especially if you like leather goods. Thanks Richard for sharing the delicious Paella with me.

The excursions to Rhonda, Malaga,and Gibraltar were excellent , well organised and we were well looked after by our excellent tour guide Claire Mellor.

We also had a quiz and disco on a couple of evenings.

Sorry we missed you at Gatwick,but how busy was it that afternoon ? !! Apparantly due to the french air traffic controllers strike.

Thank you for your company, and also to Lilian, glad you enjoyed yourself !

Would recommend this holiday .