Garry G
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Route 66

For a very long time I had wanted to travel the famous ‘Route 66’. This was my first Just You holiday and a once in a life time dream. Although I was ill nearly all the way through Route 66, it did not spoil my wonderful experience.

The whole trip was very well organised from day one. The accommodation, food, tour guide Liz, coach driver Bob were both excellent.

I booked on the excursions; Branson night was fantastic, Santa Fe was very good, but, for me, the highlight of the trip was the Grand Canyon. The Grand Canyon day was a very early start, but it went beyond all my expectations. (The only thing that I would like to suggest is the walk down from the helicopter to the raft was a little bit precarious; please Just You could you put this down on the final itinerary.)

Our main Tour Guide, Liz Moran, did a fantastic job for all of us. When I arrived at Chicago Airport I was the last one to go through customs and Liz was there waiting for me. I felt she went above and beyond her role to look after us all. A good example is when 14 of us went out to eat, we all ordered at the same time, 2 of us waited nearly an hour for our meal, Liz stepped in and spoke to the manager; 3 of us got the meal free and everyone got a free dessert - a great job there Liz!

Memories of this holiday will be with me always.

Many thanks, Just You!

Garry G

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Garry,

Delighted to hear you enjoyed this tour; it's on my long list of JY tours to do over the coming years so it's great to get this feedback.

Best wishes,

Bob

Liz Moran
(Member)
Hi Garry!

Thanks so much for your kind words 🙂

I hope we cross paths again on another tour. It was my pleasure serving the group, and very nice getting to know you ... and seeing your growing collection of pins on your Route 66 hat! It's your treasure and reminder of all the fun times we had!

HUGS,

Tour Manager Liz

'Garry wrote:

Route 66

For a very long time I had wanted to travel the famous ‘Route 66’. This was my first Just You holiday and a once in a life time dream. Although I was ill nearly all the way through Route 66, it did not spoil my wonderful experience.

The whole trip was very well organised from day one. The accommodation, food, tour guide Liz, coach driver Bob were both excellent.

I booked on the excursions; Branson night was fantastic, Santa Fe was very good, but, for me, the highlight of the trip was the Grand Canyon. The Grand Canyon day was a very early start, but it went beyond all my expectations. (The only thing that I would like to suggest is the walk down from the helicopter to the raft was a little bit precarious; please Just You could you put this down on the final itinerary.)

Our main Tour Guide, Liz Moran, did a fantastic job for all of us. When I arrived at Chicago Airport I was the last one to go through customs and Liz was there waiting for me. I felt she went above and beyond her role to look after us all. A good example is when 14 of us went out to eat, we all ordered at the same time, 2 of us waited nearly an hour for our meal, Liz stepped in and spoke to the manager; 3 of us got the meal free and everyone got a free dessert - a great job there Liz!

Memories of this holiday will be with me always.

Many thanks, Just You!

Garry G

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Garry

I am glad you had a good holiday despite being ill. Hopefully one day I too will be able to do this tour.

Jaya

wanny
  • (Member)
(Member)
thanks for the review, I have my heart on boking this tor after xmas! As I would gone this year but didn't see it when I booked my other tour. nevermind. would love to see come photos

Ann