valley
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
A really great holiday, I used Birmingham airport and some of the others were expecting to see a tour manager there but it was quiet and easy to find your way around. When we reached faro airport the rep wasn't there but within about 10 minutes she arrived, there was a short wait for the other flights to arrive and then an hour and half journey to our hotel. On arriving we were given our keys a maybe at this point Jackie overloaded us with information when all we wanted was lunch, eventually we went to the dining room and were pleasantly surprised at the choice and quality of food. I paid the extra for a sea view and balcony and am glad I did as it is nice to have your own space now and then. The hotel was the best I have stayed in with just you I could find no fault at all and the food was excellent. I only did two trips as the weather was in the 40s and the pool was such a pull. Seville was lovely but again the tour manager talked for too long on the journey and then insisted we all form a crocodile round the town, which left only time for us to do the boat ride and lunch. I also went on the Columbus trail and we had a local guide who was excellent. The evening entertainment was geared more toward the Spanish guest but not bad. All told I would go back and I would recommend to others.
Bosuncat
(Member)
'valley' wrote:

A really great holiday, I used Birmingham airport and some of the others were expecting to see a tour manager there but it was quiet and easy to find your way around. When we reached faro airport the rep wasn't there but within about 10 minutes she arrived, there was a short wait for the other flights to arrive and then an hour and half journey to our hotel. On arriving we were given our keys a maybe at this point Jackie overloaded us with information when all we wanted was lunch, eventually we went to the dining room and were pleasantly surprised at the choice and quality of food. I paid the extra for a sea view and balcony and am glad I did as it is nice to have your own space now and then. The hotel was the best I have stayed in with just you I could find no fault at all and the food was excellent. I only did two trips as the weather was in the 40s and the pool was such a pull. Seville was lovely but again the tour manager talked for too long on the journey and then insisted we all form a crocodile round the town, which left only time for us to do the boat ride and lunch. I also went on the Columbus trail and we had a local guide who was excellent. The evening entertainment was geared more toward the Spanish guest but not bad. All told I would go back and I would recommend to others.

Glad you had a good time Valley! I missed out on the Columbus Trail last year because of my stupid feet and problems with humidity.

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
Valley, thanks for your comments. Im glad you had a good time as Im going to this hotel for the first time 8/9 and cant wait. Like you I also booked a sea view with balcony so glad I did. The trips all look good too.
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Valley

I am so pleased you enjoyed your trip to Costa de la Luz. It is a great holiday and the food is lovely too.

Hi Elaine

It was a shame that you missed the Columbus Trail as personally this was the best excursion of all. Hopefully you will be able to do it one day.

Jaya

TallJohn
(Member)
Just back from 23rd June trip. Enjoyed it. Had time for myself and time with a great group of people. Jackie our "rep" was great, a good sense of humour and knowledgeable. Kept us fully informed on our tours of what we were seeing and in hotel.. Hotel was great, good rooms, well air-conditioned and the wifi worked well for me. The hotel is on the large sandy beach, so you could alternate between the sea and the pool. There was a large choice of options for all meals, you'd always find something that you would fancy. This was my 2nd Just You trip, I'll book a 3rd.
suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Valley

I am so pleased you enjoyed your trip to Costa de la Luz. It is a great holiday and the food is lovely too.

Hi Elaine

It was a shame that you missed the Columbus Trail as personally this was the best excursion of all. Hopefully you will be able to do it one day.

Jaya

Elaine

What is the Columbus Trail trip, and is it an all day tour?

valley
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Elaine the Columbus trail is a visit to the monastery where Columbus lived whilst awaiting his funding for his voyage . It is a beautiful place and much needed respit from the sun! Then a short coach ride to an area where life size replicas of the three ships are and a short film bringing it all to life. I enjoyed the trip and we were back by 1:30
Julie L
(Member)
I've been on this holiday 3 times to costa de la lux, I agree with valley, it's the best hotel I've ever been to, we need more all inclusive, but I have to disagree about the rep Jackie, I think she us the best rep I've ever met and I've done quite a few just you holidays.Julue
suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'valley' wrote:

Hi Elaine the Columbus trail is a visit to the monastery where Columbus lived whilst awaiting his funding for his voyage . It is a beautiful place and much needed respit from the sun! Then a short coach ride to an area where life size replicas of the three ships are and a short film bringing it all to life. I enjoyed the trip and we were back by 1:30

Thanks for the update about the Columbus trail, I think I will definitely go on it. Sue

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sue

You will really enjoy the Columbus Trail trip. The monastery is lovely and the replica ships too are great. I too agree with Julie. Jackie is a great tour manager.

Jaya

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Jaya' wrote:

Sue

You will really enjoy the Columbus Trail trip. The monastery is lovely and the replica ships too are great. I too agree with Julie. Jackie is a great tour manager.

Jaya

Thanks Jaya, I am hoping to go on a few of the trips, maybe not all of them as I want to have a relaxing holiday and so some sunbathing, drinking some wine and reading a book on a sunlounger too, sounds very inviting.