Anna4
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Has anyone been on this trip?

Did you stay at the hotel listed - it says "Accommodation ... typical of the hotel you will stay in is: Hotel Barcelo Punta Umbria"

Thanks!

davegreg
(Member)
'Anna4' wrote:

Has anyone been on this trip?

Did you stay at the hotel listed - it says "Accommodation ... typical of the hotel you will stay in is: Hotel Barcelo Punta Umbria"

Thanks!

Hi, yeah did this trip sep last year.....the hotel is fantastic, and the beach, which is about 50 yards away is beautiful and very long. Food and wine was good and very plentiful too. The rooms were great and very comfortable.

The only thing that wasn't too good when I went was the weather! Of the 8 days the sun only really shone properly on the last 2 days, so I wouldn't really advise going in September! But as I say, when the sun DOES come out, it's a beautiful resort. 🙂

Jools
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

A friend of mine did this trip last September and had a fantastic time. She really enjoyed it.................so much so that I am booked to go on the 18th June this year!!

Jools

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I did this trip in May last year and confirm everything is fantastic. I also enjoyed lovely weather! I really recommend this destination and the hotel.

Enjoy you trip.

Jaya

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
You posted a similar query thread earlier this evening, Sue, to which I have replied.

AnnF

Bosuncat
(Member)
I have partly answered this on my other post Sue. Saga do use this hotel but to be honest I didn't find the clientel overly elderly.
kittycat
(Member)
I went on this holiday in September 2013, my first with JY. I had a fabulous time. I have booked to go again on the 8th Sepember this year. I have booked a full sea view room which, I had last time and think it is well worth the extra money. All the trips out were good and Jackie out TM was great, I hope it will be her again this year.

There was 40 in the group and a mixture of ages from 30's to 80's and everyone got on well together. (Some of the 'oldies' have more life and fun than the younger end sometimes).

magpie10
(Member)
I've also been on this tour and whilst this hotel does cater for Saga holidays too, I even met someone I'd met on a previous JY tour who was holidaying with Saga, there were also younger people, couples, etc there.

I'm normally one of the younger people on these tours (early 40s), but I find everyone easy to get along with, and the 'oldies' are often great company and have some great stories to tell. Most of us are young at heart, and as this tour usually has a lot of people on it, you're bound to find other like-minded travellers.

I really enjoyed this tour, and you can do as much or as little as you like, depending on whether you want to see all the sights or relax by the pool or go for a walk along the beach or to the next village.

I hope you enjoy this holiday if you do decide to book it.

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kittycat, that is the date that I am thinking of booking for, it will be my first time there and it does look a great hotel and there are some good reviews here, only thing I am concerned about is mozzies in September, they like me very much. Was there much to do in the evenings?
Bosuncat
(Member)
On the reviews thread here there are quite a few reviews for the holiday including my own I think you will find that they are all positive. My problems with the humidity were just one of those things.

Link to my review

http://forum.justyou.co.uk/forum/thread-68168.html 

I don't know whether you have access to Facebook but there are photos of mine there on the Just You page.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good point Bosuncat!

If you'd like to see Bosuncat's photos - you can view them on this link here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152940928266869.1073741856.10432706868&type=3 

Kindest regards,

Julia

kittycat
(Member)
Hi Suer,

I did not find a problem with the mozzies, I think that at 67 they think I'm old stuff and want something younger!

There was some music in the evenings and people got up to dance. other than that we usually just sat in groups, chatted, had a few drinks and lots of laughs.There is nothing outside of the hotel that I know of in terms of entertainment or bars. Overall the evenings were enjoyable just with the company.

Bosuncat
(Member)
I am only a bit younger than you Kittycat but the mozzies LOVE me and always have done. :s

I found it really lovely in the evening to sit outside near the pool to have a drink. Always plenty of people around to chat with.

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks everyone for your lovely comments, I have now booked for 8th September and took advantage of a sea view/balcony as recommended. So if anyone is going that week and wants to keep in touch, just Buddy me and we can chat. So looking forward to this hotel, not been before and the place looks amazing. I just want a bit of relaxation, some tours and even go to the gym, if I can drag myself off the sunbed as its been a very stressful year.
suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
Just read your review of this holiday and it all sounds good to me. Only thing that may concern me is the mosquitos other than that the trips all sounds good too.
suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'kittycat' wrote:

I went on this holiday in September 2013, my first with JY. I had a fabulous time. I have booked to go again on the 8th Sepember this year. I have booked a full sea view room which, I had last time and think it is well worth the extra money. All the trips out were good and Jackie out TM was great, I hope it will be her again this year.

There was 40 in the group and a mixture of ages from 30's to 80's and everyone got on well together. (Some of the 'oldies' have more life and fun than the younger end sometimes).

Hi Kittycat, booked holiday this week for September 8th this year too, also upgraded to seaview/balcony as so many other travellers thought it would be better. So if you want to stay in touch by email privately (not via this post) JY can arrange this, all you have to do is agree and we can then exchange emails. So looking forward to going to Portugal. I have arranged to stay overnight the previous day down in Gatwick as its an early start.

kittycat
(Member)
Hi Suer,

Yes I will stay in touch and ask Julia to pass on my email address to you. I am flying direct from Manchester so will probably see you at the hotel depending on what time your flight gets into Faro. Last time I was there three flights arrived within half an hour, one was from East Midlands I think but can't remember where the other one was from. All together there was 16 of us who went in a mini bus to the hotel. My flight leaves Manchester at 7:30am. If your flight is early then we could possibly met at Faro.

I will stay in touch via email.

Regards

Val

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'kittycat' wrote:

Hi Suer,

Yes I will stay in touch and ask Julia to pass on my email address to you. I am flying direct from Manchester so will probably see you at the hotel depending on what time your flight gets into Faro. Last time I was there three flights arrived within half an hour, one was from East Midlands I think but can't remember where the other one was from. All together there was 16 of us who went in a mini bus to the hotel. My flight leaves Manchester at 7:30am. If your flight is early then we could possibly met at Faro.

I will stay in touch via email.

Regards

Val

Hi Kittycat

Sent you a private email. Our flight from Gatwick gets in at 1135am so you will be there before me. Looking forward to meeting you.