zztop27
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just got back from this trip - my 5th JY adventure - and I must say yet again JY didn't disappoint. Fantastic trip and excursions made all the better by Sarah our great TM.

Japan was fabulous with lots of exciting food on offer and who knew I could become be that proficient with chopsticks !!! Hong Kong was a mad, hot and hectic city but loved the excursions and food.

Just got to decide where to go next year !!!!

Keep up the good work JY and Sarah. And thanks to all my fellow travellers on the trip who made it such fun.

Pete .............

PS Highlights - too many to mention !!!

Annam
  • (Member)
(Member)
Pete

Thanks for the review - I'm doing this trip in September.

Quick question - was it easy exchanging money there or is it best to get currency here?

Anna

zztop27
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Anna, I always use ATMs on my travels so never take any currency with me. I withdrew Japanese YEN and Hong Kong Dollars when we arrived at Tokyo and Hong Kong airports respectively and there are available ATMs all over both Japan and HK should you need more cash as required.

Provided you inform your bank/building society you are travelling, I have never had any problems getting cash around the world at local ATMs on all my travels.

Go for it and have fun ..... Pete

PerfectBlue97
(Member)
Did you get the chance to see much of Tokyo when you were there, was there time to stop and take pictures of any of the famous landmarks, or to pick up any souvenirs, or was it whistle stop?

Most of the people that I know only know Japan from movies and TV shows, I'd like to send them back some pictures of places that are familiar to them to show what they look like in real life..