MaryM
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
As this is a new holiday for Just You I thought it might be helpful to give my impressions. We were very lucky as the weather was perfect, 24C, sunny , blue skies. The week before it was rainy and a couple of weeks later it was over 30C and both types of weather I would have found trying so that is something to think about. The walks were harder than I had expected especially the Buffavento castle which involved a lengthy climb to get to the castle and down again before starting the walk. The walk then involved scrambling up and down hillsides with a lot of boulders which would have been difficult if it had been wet. Sticks were very useful for that. However the views and the wild flowers were fantastic. We were fortunate in that our itinerary was altered so that this was the last walk we did. if it had been the first it would have been very daunting. The description in the notes we were given said "This walk is very hard and a good level of fitness and agility is required. Only for experienced walkers". That was not quite what the information said in the brochure. However, everyone managed it although a few opted out beforehand

The outings were good although the Karpas Peninsula involved a lot of time on the coach and I think I would have preferred spending the day in Kyrenia which several of the others did.

We stayed in Riviera Beach Bungalows which were very near to the little beach. The little jetty had a step ladder going down into the water which was rather treacherous. However the pool was excellent, very clean and warmer than I expected for April. Walking near the hotel was rather limited to walking along the busy main road, but we didn't have a lot of spare time anyway.The food was good quality, but not terribly exciting. The staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful and we had some very pleasant evenings sitting on in the restaurant after our meal.

Altogether I really enjoyed the holiday: Tami the tour manager was excellent as was the local guide. I am not sure how I would have felt if the weather had not been so good, but that is always going to be a problem for a walking holiday.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi MaryM,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of this holiday for the community.

I have forwarded your comments on to the Holiday Creator and wider Just You team as there is some very valuable feedback in your review.

Kindest regards,

Julia