ArchieKA
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

This was my first JY holiday and it did not disappoint as far as I am concerned in spite of a few hiccups with the hotel.I think that parts of the hotel and still being fitted out, some as time shares, so there was some noise as one would expect and caused issues with some of my fellow travellers. There were a few issues when we arrived so much so that our JY Tour Manager took them to task and we stayed on a half board basis for the whole of the holiday. That would have cost the hotel around 2,200 euros but went down well with most of the group. The food is great and so is the choice. Wine, we drank the local (house) wine made rather than the more expensive bottled wine. Local beer good too.

Warning, it is a large hotel, look on their web site, and caters for all ages, so if you do not do all of the tours the pool will not be quiet as the hotel arranges activities.

The tours were good and I went on the three optional ones too really to see more of the island but that is up to individual choice.

Folk evening was good, our group was picked to join in the dancing as none of the other groups would. We ended up having a sing song of old favourites and again we seemed to be the only ones. We had a collection for the two musicians who came back and did two encores, it was a good evening.

8 days was about right for me, I did not do the Gozo add on, but as this was one of the optional tours I missed nothing.

We did have some very hot days while we were there, unseasonably hot and the Maltese regard July and August as their summer which for me would have been too hot.

Had a great time and met some great people in the group. Well worth going if anyone is thinking of it.

Keith

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Keith,

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent Just You holiday - I'm pleased to hear that your first holiday experience with us was not disappointing.

This is a new tour for 2014 so it's great to receive feedback on this trip.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member)
Thanks Keith.

I had wondered how things were progressing with the hotel as I read on Trip Advisor that the refurbishment had gone over schedule.

I must say that it is a holiday that I have my eye on, and a mainly positive first review like yours is good to read. :thumbup:

Gotera
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thank you for your impressions. I will be there in August.