Lucinda
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
This was an absolutely fabulous trip, and not a new year I will forget in a hurry! It was a well paced trip with lots to do. New year eve we had a morning city tour and then plenty of time to get ready for the big event! The Perlan restaurant was a great venue, the bonfires were interesting and the fireworks amazing! They started early on in the evening, mainly around half 11 and then carried on well past midnight. There was no specific display but everyone letting off fireworks across the city. Shuttle buses were organised to take us back so you could go home at what time you liked.

New Year's Day we went to the geothermal pool. This was an early start unfortunately but worth it when we had the sunrise whilst in the pool. This was well worth a trip as it was something completely different. This evening we went to restaurant that was tapas style and we got to sample all the local delicacies. After dinner we went in search of the northern lights and were indeed successful.

The next day we went on a trip to the golden circle to see the geysers, waterfalls and tetonic plates. This were all mesmerising. We also saw the volcano responsible for all that dust cloud a few years ago! Another good dinner at a local restaurant.

The hotel wasn't to far from town and you could walk there in around 45 mins and walk along by the coastline. The weather was cold so you needed plenty of layers.

Overall a fantastic trip that I would recommend, especially at new year

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Lucinda

Sounds like a great tour, shall have to put this on my list of places to visit...I would love to see the northern lights one day.

Cindy

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
What a great review. I hope JY are thinking of runnin gthis trip through the year!!! (hint hint)!
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I agree with Mark, a summer/autumn departure (not including a Sunday) would suit me perfectly!

Cheers,

Bob