Julie L
(Member)
'anniethenitnurse' wrote:

No problem Bob - you would really enjoy it and the history of the whole area was fascinating.

Best wishes

Anne

Hi anniethenitnurse , I'm sorry to ask but I've not been on a holiday like the Canada & New England and I've no idea how much money to take, can you offer help in this matter, much appreciated the comments you put about clothing, thanks Julie L

anniethenitnurse
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi JulieL,

I posted a reply the other day re holiday money as has Lesley 07 - our thoughts seem to have run along the same lines on this one, but as Lesley says, also allow some money for tour guides/driver/ manager etc (approx. 100 dollars should cover all that)

Hope that's of use to you, but let me know if you need anything further

Best wishes

Anne

Jo51
  • (Member)
(Member)
Dear Anne, thank you so much for that brilliant report. I am thinking about taking the plunge for my first solo holiday, and, since I live in Cheshire, I was looking at the Manchester departure on October 5th. 2014. I wonder if that might be too late to see the best autumn colours?

You answered my question about how much money and what kind of clothes to take.

Thank you again; it certainly sounds like a wonderful tour.

I wonder if anyone in my area is thinking of travelling there?

Jo.

anniethenitnurse
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jo51

Glad you liked the review! We came back on 9 October and the colours were still amazing then - from what I gather if you leave it till the end of October, then you would probably miss out on the vibrancy of the colours. End Sept/beg October seems to be the best time to go - again it all depends on the way the weather works out too! Go for it anyway, as you would have a great time.

Best wishes

Anne

Jo51
  • (Member)
(Member)
'anniethenitnurse' wrote:

Hi Jo51

Glad you liked the review! We came back on 9 October and the colours were still amazing then - from what I gather if you leave it till the end of October, then you would probably miss out on the vibrancy of the colours. End Sept/beg October seems to be the best time to go - again it all depends on the way the weather works out too! Go for it anyway, as you would have a great time.

Best wishes

Anne

Thank you Anne.

Jo

Lisa S
  • (Member)
(Member)
Anne, I haven't been on the forum for a while, just wanted to say many thanks for your detailed review - it was a great tour wasn't it? Regards Lisa
anniethenitnurse
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Lisa

Lovely to hear from you and glad you liked the review of the holiday - when I was doing it, I just wanted to go back and do it all again! Maybe one day! Hope you're keeping well and still enjoying the easy life!

Take care

Anne

KarinR
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thank you for the detailed review. I was just trying to decide whether to do the trip this year or not, but it has helped to make my mind up to do the trip at the end of this September. so one again Thanks.http://www.justyou.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Anne2013
(Member)
I have been thinking about this tour for 2015 so the detailed review was very helpful. I have almost made up my mind but just one question. How much walking is involved? I realise lots of travelling so getting on and off coaches but what about the city tours are these on foot?
anniethenitnurse
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi there,

I didn't find that the walking was any great problem - any walking was within towns etc and there was no hill climbing at all. In Quebec, you could either walk up the hill to the top of the town or take the easy way and take the lift! In New York, most of the travelling around the city was by bus and it was and "on/off"" tour with only a short walk in Central Park.

Hope this helps

Annie