JemmaJuly
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Came back last week from Sorrento. Excellent holiday in very good company. Bernie our tour leader was very helpful and informative as was the local guide for Pompei. The weather was sunny and warm most days, which was especially welcome for the Amalfi drive and boat trip. The Hotel Zi Theresa is ideally situated, a short walk (about 10 minutes) from the main squares where there are some very good places to eat. Would recommend Meating which is just off the Piazza Tasso. Steaks are excellent. The staff at the hotel are very pleasant and I found the food to be more than adequate. In fact after the first course - usually some sort of pasta - it was a push to complete the main course never mind the sweet! There are shops and a supermarket close to the hotel where you can buy water etc. Might be a good idea to take your own hairdryer as the one in the hotel isn't very good. The towels are changed every day and housekeeping is excellent.

If you do buy a large umbrella make sure it doesn't have a metal tip as BA will not let you bring it home!

Certainly would recommend this holiday.

Bosuncat
(Member)
'JemmaJuly' wrote:

Came back last week from Sorrento. Excellent holiday in very good company. Bernie our tour leader was very helpful and informative as was the local guide for Pompei. The weather was sunny and warm most days, which was especially welcome for the Amalfi drive and boat trip. The Hotel Zi Theresa is ideally situated, a short walk (about 10 minutes) from the main squares where there are some very good places to eat. Would recommend Meating which is just off the Piazza Tasso. Steaks are excellent. The staff at the hotel are very pleasant and I found the food to be more than adequate. In fact after the first course - usually some sort of pasta - it was a push to complete the main course never mind the sweet! There are shops and a supermarket close to the hotel where you can buy water etc. Might be a good idea to take your own hairdryer as the one in the hotel isn't very good. The towels are changed every day and housekeeping is excellent.

If you do buy a large umbrella make sure it doesn't have a metal tip as BA will not let you bring it home!

Certainly would recommend this holiday.

Glad you had a great time. Sorrento is an old stomping ground of mine and I have VERY fond memories of the place. Did you do any independent travelling round of your own apart from the trips?

It's really nice to read a positive review of the hotel's food! 🙂

JemmaJuly
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I didn't do any independent travelling. I visited the area many years ago so I had already travelled around there quite a bit. I last stayed in Ravello in 1993 and of course it has changed. Many more shops etc., and the most ugly modern building has been built just by the coach stop and overlooking Minori - so out of keeping with this beautiful area. Apparently the locals are none too pleased and I don't blame them! Certainly a blot on the landscape in my humble opinion.
Bosuncat
(Member)
'JemmaJuly' wrote:

I didn't do any independent travelling. I visited the area many years ago so I had already travelled around there quite a bit. I last stayed in Ravello in 1993 and of course it has changed. Many more shops etc., and the most ugly modern building has been built just by the coach stop and overlooking Minori - so out of keeping with this beautiful area. Apparently the locals are none too pleased and I don't blame them! Certainly a blot on the landscape in my humble opinion.

I was in Ravello in May and I know the building you mean. :s

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Bosuncat- doo tell! Which building?
Bosuncat
(Member)
'marks' wrote:

Bosuncat- doo tell! Which building?

The bus stops right on the road and you have to walk into Ravello itself (not a long walk) but the building mentioned IS ugly and not in keeping with the place which is beautiful! but VERY busy.

JemmaJuly
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Google Views of Ravello and you will find a picture of 'the building'. It was designed by the architect Oscar Neimeyer.
Bosuncat
(Member)
'JemmaJuly' wrote:

Google Views of Ravello and you will find a picture of 'the building'. It was designed by the architect Oscar Neimeyer.

OK. Will do.